CD Text support

Muse

My audio CD players are all Pioneer PD-F1007, and contain up to 301 disks. They support CD Text. It's super useful to have CD Text with these players.

Nowadays most new audio CDs come with CD Text, but it's frequently not what I'd prefer and I alter it using Imgburn. This took some getting used to and figuring out. When I get a disk that doesn't have CD Text, I rip it and add CD Text and then burn from the image.

I have written some code that helps immensely, but Imgburn could do all this stuff internally.

I do have a question: What is the purpose of the CDT file in addition to the CUE and BIN files? That seems redundant. When I alter CD Text, I do it by editing the CUE file in a text editor. That doesn't change the CDT file and to avoid errors I have to delete the CDT file and erase the top line in the CUE file referring to a CDT file (which is necessary when the ripped CD already had some CD Text). So, why have a CDT file when the CD Text is already implicit/explicit in the CUE file?

Did you really need to make a second topic for the same question?

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/25233-Why-is-there-a-CDT-file-when-CD-Text-is-implicit/explicit-in-the-CUE-file?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

The purpose of the OP was not the question, it was the suggestion.

I had my doubts that the question would be answered here at all, much less in a timely manner. So I placed the question in its own post in a different forum, where the question itself seemed appropriate. The purpose of the OP here is not the question, it was a suggestion. That's the reason you see the question in two places. The question was answered in the other forum.

Regards,

Muse

Edited by Muse

I'm not really sure what the actual suggestion was though.

The program supports CD-TEXT and you can create a cue file by dragging in your audio files, filling out the CD-TEXT info as you go.

Well, it looks to me like you are talking about creating a CD from audio tracks. That sounds interesting. However, I was talking about copying audio CDs, ones that either have CD Text already or don't have it. Right now, AFAIK, creating or altering the CD Text in the copy of the original audio CD entails opening the CUE file in a text editor and making edits directly. That process is kind of strange, arcane, tedious and for the uninitiated it's confusing. It took me a while to figure out how that works. After figuring it out I wrote my own code in Microsoft Visual FoxPro database management software that makes it much easier, simpler, more intuitive to do this stuff. For instance, for CDs without CD Text I can have a field like this:

- - - -

Track title one, whatever it is

Track title 2, just anything

Title 3, you name it

4, whatever goes there

- - - -

Those things, separated by a character return, will appear vertatim as the CD Text for the titles of the tracks. My code transforms that blurb above, adds it where needed in a new CUE file after having copy/pasted the original CUE file into a different field. I replace the old CUE file with the new one. I hope that makes sense.

Imgburn could have functionality where with a mouse click you see all the CD Text in an editable window. You could change the disc title, the performer for the disc and all the track titles. That would be the most convenient. If there were no CD Text in the original, you could add it right in that same window. Most convenient! I don't believe it would be terribly difficult, should be relatively trivial, and it would be very helpful for people who like CD Text support.

Edited by Muse

Right, so your actual suggestion is to have a CD-TEXT editor. That’s all I needed to see / know. Your original post missed that key bit of info.

Well, I thought I made that point clear in the OP, but I certainly went to lengths to explain it in detail in my last post. Yes, a CD Text editor shouldn't be hard to implement. It's all about parsing the text, presenting it in a simple and intuitive way and mashing it back into the CUE file and the CDT file.

Edit: I see what you're saying. When I said that Imgburn could handle changing CD Text "internally,"  (as opposed to my handling it in my separate application with my own code) I was hinting at a built-in CD Text editor, that's what I meant.

I'll illustrate how I do this in my application with a specific example.

Here's the contents of the CUE file created when I made an image of an audio CD that didn't have CD Text on it:

- - - -

FILE "EBishop.Feel.It.1970.bin" BINARY

TRACK 01 AUDIO

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO

INDEX 00 03:12:02

INDEX 01 03:15:22

TRACK 03 AUDIO

INDEX 00 06:51:37

INDEX 01 06:54:50

TRACK 04 AUDIO

INDEX 00 14:31:37

INDEX 01 14:36:15

TRACK 05 AUDIO

INDEX 00 17:47:40

INDEX 01 17:50:47

TRACK 06 AUDIO

INDEX 00 20:27:67

INDEX 01 20:31:47

TRACK 07 AUDIO

INDEX 00 23:59:00

INDEX 01 24:02:40

TRACK 08 AUDIO

INDEX 00 30:53:67

INDEX 01 30:57:40

TRACK 09 AUDIO

INDEX 00 35:13:30

INDEX 01 35:16:00

TRACK 10 AUDIO

INDEX 00 39:14:55

INDEX 01 39:19:15

- - - -

Here's the contents of the field I fill out to get the track titles into the CUE file:

- - - -

Don't Fight It (Feel It)

I Just Can't Go On

So Good

Crazy 'Bout You Baby

So Fine

Party Till the Cows Come Home

Hogbottom

Be With Me

As the Years Go Passing By

Stealin' Watermelons

- - - -

Here's what I put in the field for the disk title:

- - - --

Elvin Bishop - Feel It (1970)

- - - -

Here's what I put in the field for the disk performer:

- - - -

Elvin Bishop  

- - - -

Here's how the CUE file turns out when I run my custom code with all that info in place (I copy this into the new CUE file and when I write a CD with this CUE file the CD Text comes out by my design):

- - - -

TITLE "Elvin Bishop - Feel It (1970)"

PERFORMER "Elvin Bishop"

FILE "EBishop.Feel.It.1970.bin" BINARY

TRACK 01 AUDIO

TITLE "Don't Fight It (Feel It)"

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO

TITLE "I Just Can't Go On"

INDEX 00 03:12:02

INDEX 01 03:15:22

TRACK 03 AUDIO

TITLE "So Good"

INDEX 00 06:51:37

INDEX 01 06:54:50

TRACK 04 AUDIO

TITLE "Crazy 'Bout You Baby"

INDEX 00 14:31:37

INDEX 01 14:36:15

TRACK 05 AUDIO

TITLE "So Fine"

INDEX 00 17:47:40

INDEX 01 17:50:47

TRACK 06 AUDIO

TITLE "Party Till the Cows Come Home"

INDEX 00 20:27:67

INDEX 01 20:31:47

TRACK 07 AUDIO

TITLE "Hogbottom"

INDEX 00 23:59:00

INDEX 01 24:02:40

TRACK 08 AUDIO

TITLE "Be With Me"

INDEX 00 30:53:67

INDEX 01 30:57:40

TRACK 09 AUDIO

TITLE "As the Years Go Passing By"

INDEX 00 35:13:30

INDEX 01 35:16:00

TRACK 10 AUDIO

TITLE "Stealin' Watermelons"

INDEX 00 39:14:55

INDEX 01 39:19:15

Edited by Muse

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.