ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Check for "formatted disc Write operations" before Eject?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

One thing I just happened to come across randomly, but after testing it a few times, I've determine it does seem to be happening.  ImgBurn can eject a disc with the Eject command even when a "write operation" to a formatted disc as a giant floppy in File Explorer has not completed yet.

I don't know if there's a way to check for this before ejecting, but if there is, can it be added to ImgBurn?  The way I do it now, to be safe, I don't use ImgBurn's Eject command when a disc formatted as a giant floppy by File Explorer is in a drive.  I use File Explorer's Context Menu Eject command.  If the write operation hasn't been completed yet, File Explorer won't eject the disc.

Thanks!

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,571 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:44 PM

Sorry, it’s not something I can detect. Really that’s down to the OS to block it / lock the drive as I do when burning is in progress.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users