ImgBurn downloaded directly from the site itself, no mirrors is contaminated

PolyBunny

I'm sorry to create an account just to come here and discuss a topic which I see is controversial and the Admin refuses to acknowledge, but ImgBurn, downloaded from here http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe is infected.

I was given no boxes to uncheck, and still after disabling what I could, I still got ByteFence and some Chrome extension on my machine. I'm not retarded, since I've taken screenshots and I'm also a software developer and I guess I'm not completely dumb when it comes to managing my PC.

8vmZ9Dr.png

Why the hostility about this subject and the thread locking all of a sudden? Please, I ask this as someone that did previous anonymous donations to ImgBurn as I love this software, but what is happening is bullshit. I can't trust ImgBurn on my work machine because of this.

No threads have ever been locked on this subject.

As a ‘new member’ of the forum, you’re only allowed to make new topics, you can’t reply to (hijack) existing ones. It’s always been that way here.

Please forgive me, I don’t understand the language your screenshot is in, but I’m pretty sure something on it says something like ‘click here to customise the installation’ - and that’s something you do for each of the apps you’re being offered.

You may call it hostility, I call it bored of answering the same question(s) or being made to explain myself over and over again. People can search, people can read, people have options, nothing is forced upon you.

The setup file available from the direct mirror isn’t ‘infected’, it simply uses a 3rd party plugin within the wizard that offers 3rd party software. Opt out of installing the software if you aren’t interested in what it’s offering you and move on.

I believe the Clique aqui line means Click here to customize your install.  That might have been the necessary step to prevent installation.  However, admittedly, what good does it do when the bundleware being offered is in a language you can't read?

I’m guessing the op can read that language though as it must be displaying it in non-English for a reason (os settings).

Ah, I didn't think about the OS might have been assigned a different language.  And that the OP might be multilingual or using a translation engine to post in English.  Yeah, sometimes I'm pretty stupid.  :blush:

The language according to my co-workers (that speak spanish) is Portuguese. My OS (W10) is set to English US and I'm located in the US. I don't know a single bit of Portuguese and barely know Spanish. I had no clue that option was even there. Bad UI/UX I'd say... But thanks for the head's up. I guess those two were the ones responsible for the "AntiMalware" and the Chrome extension.

Edited by PolyBunny

I was going by it was one of only 3 clickable options there because there were 3 highlights.  And I know aqui means here, so I guessed at the possible word being click because it was spelled similarly.  Usually, links at the bottom are generally ones for the user agreement and other general software manufacturer links.  So, I ruled those out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.