ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Download Mirror #1 Gave me a Virus

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NoAffinity

NoAffinity

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

Not sure if this is the right location, please move if not.

I visited the web site this morning to download imgburn.  Mirror #1 at the below location has an arrow in a green circle which says "Click here Download ImgBurn"

http://downloads.dddwnld.com/software/download.php?sid=470&ssid=0&did=1

Now, maybe I foolishly clicked the wrong thing, but I clicked there, downloaded, and installed.  Before I realized it was an installer and not imgburn being installed, the damage was already done.  Been scrubbing my computer, trying to get rid of "impaq speed" all day, so far unsuccessfully.

Just a heads up to others.

Edited by NoAffinity, 05 June 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#2 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:21 PM

On that page, people probably want to click the link underlined in blue that says here.  It says that downloads the file without the download manager.  The download manager is probably the wrap around software that is offering bloatware.  It says Download Manager Enabled under the green and white arrow link you mentioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users