ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Close disc from other burner

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 quack

quack

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:46 AM

My mother has a number of CDs that she has purchased directly from musicians at their shows.  Some of these CDs are CD-R.  She can read them on the home CD player and in the car.  Now she intends to get a new car which has no CD player but a USB input.  I am ripping her collection of CDs using ExactAudioCopy (EAC).  These CD-Rs cannot be read by EAC, nor any other program on my laptop.  ImgBurn claims that the CD-Rs are empty.  There is no way to determine what was used to write these CD-Rs.  I am tempted to use ImgBurn's Close track/session/disc feature but am hesitant to do so because I might stuff up her discs so that they do not play at all.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Is this just bad luck and nothing can be done?

Thank you.

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,613 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

Can you post the disc info from the box on the right when you're in read mode with one of those discs in the drive please?

If it's saying they're empty, there will be nothing to close.

You'll have to find a drive that can actually read them.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 quack

quack

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:35 AM

Thank you for replying. I will not be able to produce that information because I am currently not there and have no 'dodgy' disc with me. However, I do recall that ImgBurn seemed to think that it was an empty disc, even though it plays fine in a number of standard CD players. Next time I'm visiting I will get the information and try a different burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users