TSSTcorp CDDVD SH-S202J SB03 won't read disc

dr_ml422

Right! Now you got it. The DVD+R DL branded are top shelf also. Anything different is for printing in the Datalife plus series or just printable surfaces as the shiny or matted silver. I presume you didn't get the thermal white, but the kinda matted white finish which is nice. You just have to write neatly on them or use a sticker etc... to identify it. The Datalifeplus you got are about $10- $13 more a spindle. 

The regular Life Series is the garbage. 

Who's making Sony? They are still more money and I see they still are rated good, especially their CD-R 80 minute discs. 

Using Power2Go I can now fit some DVDs and it's HD  counterpart either on a DVD-5, or DVD-9. If I use ConvertXToDVD and want a nice quality DVD, the DVD-9 output will fit with its HD equivalent on a DVD+R DL, sometimes not depending the length and output codec/container. That's why I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on a 100 spindle of DVD+R DL. They're about $45.00 at Amazon. I can get 200 of the MCC branded DVD+R for that. Makes filing easier. Rigut now I have separate stashes of DVD and High-Def stuff. 

Edited by dr_ml422
Xtra info.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use the inkjet printable surface discs in case I ever get such a printer, I can print labels to them.  If necessary, I can write to them with a CD marker.  Or apply stickers, but it's not recommended because even applying stickers to branded discs can cause them to spin unevenly in a drive.

Last I checked a decade ago, Ritek made Sony's DVD-R.

1 minute ago, dbminter said:

I use the inkjet printable surface discs in case I ever get such a printer, I can print labels to them.  If necessary, I can write to them with a CD marker.  Or apply stickers, but it's not recommended because even applying stickers to branded discs can cause them to spin unevenly in a drive.

Last I checked a decade ago, Ritek made Sony's DVD-R.

How do you file them?

My discs go in Case Logic carriers.  The slots have a Post It on them that tells what each disc in the row of 2 is.  Plus, the discs themselves have descriptive labels and directory structures that tell what is on each disc in case one gets filed in the wrong place.

So the descriptive labels are on top, or are you referring to having to put them in a Drive and see what it is? You said stickies might throw them off, so I'm guessing in the data itself you have a descriptor?

Each disc has a UDF and ISO9660 label.  The limited descriptor label Windows/File Explorer sometimes returns and the longer 128 character one that it sometimes returns.  Then, the disc has a folder in the root directory that has some kind of brief description of the contents.  And then there may be sub folders with further descriptions.

Well you know exactly where everything is as I do in my room etc... It could be alk over and I know what's what. For the money you might contemplate on getting Blanks you could get a decent printer for the datalife discs. They have different level ones for that. Actually it's very nice when done right.

14 hours ago, dbminter said:

I use the inkjet printable surface discs in case I ever get such a printer, I can print labels to them

They really arent that expensive. Take a look at the "Canon iP 7250" that's the one i use.

Wanna see how i store mine? First i snap up artwork for the printable surface from customaniacs.org, then i put them in boxes and store them like this :p

MVIMG_20190930_160728.jpg

They're regular printers too, the cd functionality is "bonus". They just have a decidated collapsable tray, where you insert a small tray that holds the disc. That then gets pulled into the printer and printed directly on the disc.

Check this link: https://www.canon.co.uk/printers/inkjet/pixma/pixma_ip7250/

See that cutout with the "canon" brand on it. That tilts 90° outwards and exposes the opening where you insert the tray. It also has paper trays. A guide video here

There MIGHT be a new release version of ConvertXToDVD "tomorrow."  From a post on their support forum:

" Jacques is working on the last 32bits version (to have clean versions before jumping to the big work like Coral advice rightfully said once :p)
We are 99.99% sure we will release them tomorrow (maybe today but Jacques want the new reporting tool to be perfect)
After that, we jump on the huge-amount-of-work 64bits versions. :) :o :D 8) "

So, it looks like they will be releasing one last 32 bit version before working exclusively on the 64 bit version.  That 64 bit version will probably be the next major release after that.

The Branded DVD + r DL verbatim a very good also though I know you do not like the Branded ones. Though if you wanted to stack up and not make such a big deal about it for now they're aboutt 44 bucks. How much did those data life + DVD + r DL come out to?

Well, VSO DID release a new version of ConvertXToDVD... but it was a beta version!  :rolleyes:  7.0.0.67. 

7.0.0.67 Released 2019-10-02
Upgrade bug reporting tools
==============================================
0013678: [Bug] Editable subtitles + Button Overlays => colours change after conversion
0013705: [Suggestion] Even if the project has been saved - it asks again when closing the software
0013715: [Bug] All VSO products not opening for no obvious reason
0013721: [Feature Request] VSO Reporting Tool is not user-friendly.

Still, it does show some progress being made on the software.  I guess the next gold release won't be until the software goes full blown 64 bit.

What would really suck is to get a mixture.  Some cake stacks are the good MCC/MKM stuff and some are the CMC :horse:
You can bet your ass I'd be sending those back. Every spindel will get checked for MID's.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I think they just vying for time before they pulled the plug and abandon everything! I wouldn't pass it by them at this point. Nothing with convert X to video which desperately needs to be fixed! I already have three or four programs that do the things that convert X to video does so I'm good with that and I also have two additional even three additional DVD converting programs that are just as good as convert X to DVD. Whatever happened to them they are at fault and no one else. You cannot come out here with software and not stay on top of the times knowing full well that there's alternatives to that same software coming from all sides.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.