Create CUE file/Audio CD from .M4A files?

dbminter

Hey dbminter ,

Check this post:

You will see a .m4a in my test files . Last song.

My .m4a  I created but I'm not certain what software I used.

I believe either Audacity or dbPowerAmp Music converter .

I don't have madflac installed.

The FLAC I do have are these:

flac-1.3.1-win
FLAC Frontend
LAV Filters

Give me a bit of time & I will get you a log that may help.

I successfully imported a test M4A.  I didn't actually create the CD because most failures of this kind would occur at the importing stage.  And I don't know if I needed madFLAC or not for this.  It was already installed so if it is necessary, I already had it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "imported"  or "Importing stage"?

For my test I created a new cue file from audio files of various kinds.

I then opened the cue in Write mode.

As far as I could tell the audio files weren't being used until I started the Write to a CD RW.

I have some test CD RWs I use so it's no problem to Write to one of those.

For me the LAV filters showed up in the system tray as an icon which I have them set to do when they are being used.

So I believe these are what were being used for the conversion.

When you load files into the Create CUE interface, they are Analysed from 0% to 100% as the entire duration time is scanned.  If a file cannot be imported because it's not supported or is not formatted correctly, it will not not import.  If it's not supported, it will simply file to import right at the very start.  If it's not formatted correctly, Analysing will stop at the point where it fails to process and ImgBurn will "hang" briefly while it retries.  After a certain timeout period of retries, it will say it failed.

Unfortunately, I don't have any such files where it fails on to test with.  It generally happens on incorrectly formatted MP3's.  I just load them into an audio file converter and resave them as FLAC's.  This fixes the problem, whatever it is.  If I did come across a bad MP3, I just saved it as a new FLAC.  So, I didn't keep any bad files for testing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.