Jump to content
wyatt-monedula

When i Burn my Dvds The music videos Keep flickering =[ While the Ivo file does play correct

Recommended Posts

Ive messed up allot of dvds like this bought new and other lables to see if thats the problem the only thing i can imagen now is that img burn does something wrong =[ ? 

Help anyone ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is it's either the burner or the player does not like the kind of media you're writing the ISO files to.  Post a log of one of these burns.  When you say other labels, do you mean more than one manufacturer of DVD's?  However, it doesn't matter the label on the package but the actual manufacturer of the disc.  Unless you're using Verbatim DataLife Plus series (NOT Life Series found in stores.  DataLife Plus is only found online.) you've probably got CMC media, which can result in low quality burns that can cause skips on playback.  Or low quality media like  CMC can cause skips on playbacks in DVD players even when they do burn.  Since you say the IVO (I guess you mean ISO?) plays correct, it's down to the media somehow.  Either your drive doesn't like that media for burning or playback or your DVD player, if it's a standalone, doesn't like that type of DVD brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbminter said:

My guess is it's either the burner or the player does not like the kind of media you're writing the ISO files to.  Post a log of one of these burns.  When you say other labels, do you mean more than one manufacturer of DVD's?  However, it doesn't matter the label on the package but the actual manufacturer of the disc.  Unless you're using Verbatim DataLife Plus series (NOT Life Series found in stores.  DataLife Plus is only found online.) you've probably got CMC media, which can result in low quality burns that can cause skips on playback.  Or low quality media like  CMC can cause skips on playbacks in DVD players even when they do burn.  Since you say the IVO (I guess you mean ISO?) plays correct, it's down to the media somehow.  Either your drive doesn't like that media for burning or playback or your DVD player, if it's a standalone, doesn't like that type of DVD brand.



but if this is true ? why is it every time i burn a other disc or other label disc  the flickers come on the same moments ? and the other moments work well ? this seems to me to be highly unlikely if is the dvd player =[ 

when i play it back in the dvd player that made it then it does the same =[ 

it confuses me so much put 3 days in this :[ thanks for ur help <3 

(Yess sorry i ment iso )

Edited by wyatt-monedula
Bad english

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you say the ISO plays fine.  Ergo, the problem cannot be in the video itself.  It must therefore be in playback of the DVD disc you burned.  This means it's a problem with the DVD burner or the DVD player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK then i have to buy a dvd player to check this i now use my playstation 2 and this computer  ( with Super write master Speed plus Cd player burner thingy )  

is it a problem that i turn the Mp4 Videos into a iso ? 

if its really the player this would suck haha id have 28 dvds with old shakira videos HAHA! 

Edited by wyatt-monedula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dbminter said:

Well, you say the ISO plays fine.  Ergo, the problem cannot be in the video itself.  It must therefore be in playback of the DVD disc you burned.  This means it's a problem with the DVD burner or the DVD player.



if its the burner disc thingy..... Does this mean all the Cds  i ripped in Wave could be lower then an exact extract too O_O???? 
now this story got even more layered :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How old is this PS2?  If it's one of the original 2000 fat models, that might explain it.  Early DVD-R's burned back in 2002 were 50/50 for playing back with skips in the video.  Try playing one of these discs in your PC burner and see if it does the same thing.

 

You say the ISO plays fine, so I'm guessing you either mounted in as a virtual drive and played it or you loaded the ISO in a video player software that supports playing back DVD Video ISO's.  If you get no skips playing the ISO however you're playing it, then the video that was created is not corrupt.  You can be relatively sure the DVD Video you created is fine.  If the ISO played back with skips in the video, then it's the problem of whatever created your DVD video. 

 

Now, the PS2 could simply have a problem playing back the video codec used to compress your DVD.  On the fat model 2000 PS2, it was common for created DVD video discs to have audio and video go out of synch when you had user created DVD video.  If that's the problem, then the issue is with the software that created the DVD video you used.

 

Your best bets at this point are to find someone with a DVD player, or get one yourself, and try one of these discs in something other than your PS2.  You can also try you PC DVD burner as a player and see if you still get it.  If the ISO plays fine, if the PC plays with skips, if the PS2 plays with skips, and if a DVD player you try plays with skips, the problem is playing back the disc.  If the problem is with the disc, the problem is how it was burned or is being read.  If it's a burn problem, the issue is with your PC burner probably not liking that media.  Without knowing the DID/MID of any discs you used, I can't tell if they're cheap discs.  If they're cheap discs, burn and playback problems are relatively common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, dbminter said:

How old is this PS2?  If it's one of the original 2000 fat models, that might explain it.  Early DVD-R's burned back in 2002 were 50/50 for playing back with skips in the video.  Try playing one of these discs in your PC burner and see if it does the same thing.

 

You say the ISO plays fine, so I'm guessing you either mounted in as a virtual drive and played it or you loaded the ISO in a video player software that supports playing back DVD Video ISO's.  If you get no skips playing the ISO however you're playing it, then the video that was created is not corrupt.  You can be relatively sure the DVD Video you created is fine.  If the ISO played back with skips in the video, then it's the problem of whatever created your DVD video. 

 

Now, the PS2 could simply have a problem playing back the video codec used to compress your DVD.  On the fat model 2000 PS2, it was common for created DVD video discs to have audio and video go out of synch when you had user created DVD video.  If that's the problem, then the issue is with the software that created the DVD video you used.

 

Your best bets at this point are to find someone with a DVD player, or get one yourself, and try one of these discs in something other than your PS2.  You can also try you PC DVD burner as a player and see if you still get it.  If the ISO plays fine, if the PC plays with skips, if the PS2 plays with skips, and if a DVD player you try plays with skips, the problem is playing back the disc.  If the problem is with the disc, the problem is how it was burned or is being read.  If it's a burn problem, the issue is with your PC burner probably not liking that media.  Without knowing the DID/MID of any discs you used, I can't tell if they're cheap discs.  If they're cheap discs, burn and playback problems are relatively common.

I have Playstation Model Number SCPH-77004 The zilver grey ones 
Ah that sounds pretty logical :O these issues sure are anoying  but thanks to ur help im getting allot smarter :P 

i have no clue really what im doing im following this youtube video 


now somethings are different in my DVd flick like the speed of writing and so on but i tried everything in different settings too but didn't do much...

maybe im doing it all wrong i make allot of mp4 into the iso file 
i read somewhere it could be a screw in the playstation but eep i cant even find a screw :P 


I Play the Iso file on VLC on my computer then it works fine! 
but isnt it weird that the burned dvds flicker on exact the same moments ? and the other 2 min could be perfect 

i did notice the mouth move to late in my first 2 burns but thats gone now idk why ... 

Thats the weird thing now the new dvds the other labels they play fine in my computer but the first ones dont :P wich made me even more confused 

Maybe this video isnt the best setup for me and my mp4 videos ? 
i will ask my neighbor tomorrow to use her dvd player 

im really curious thanks sooo much for your help <3

( do you have knowledge about these cd burners and stuff ? if i asked you is this one okay to rip exact audios with and or burn ) would you know ?
this music question will haunt me till i know :P  


what are cheap dvds ? 

I have one of 6 bucks :P the image quality seems better 
then my 12 bucks ones buttt the 12 bucks are Re-writable And the 6 aint 

6 bucks = philips 
12 bucks =  Hema 


 

Edited by wyatt-monedula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of my knowledge is from 16 years of being self taught in creating CD's, DVD's, and Blu-Rays.  But, experience is usually the best teacher.

 

Never heard of Hema, so it may be crap media.  The label on the box isn't what you're looking for.  Put a disc in a PC burner drive, open ImgBurn in Write mode, and look in the pane of information on the right side.  Look for Disc ID/DID/MID/Manufacturer ID.  Copy that information in a post and I can tell.  If it says CMC it's definitely junk media.  I know Phillips has used CMC in the past.  Cheap DVD-R from Big Lots by Phillips are CMC crap discs.  I know that from experience.

 

I forgot VLC can play ISO files.  As I said, if the issue isn't on the PC when you play the ISO files, the problem is probably the player or the discs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, DVDFlick might be a problem here.  There was just recently a post where someone had playback problems when creating a DVD with DVDFlick.  Their problem went away when they switched to another program.  I recommended what I use and what that other poster switched to: ConvertXToDVD.  There's a 7 day unlimited free trial, but the video might be watermarked, I don't know.  But, you can use it to see if it fits your needs before buying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the software that the DVDFlick user changed to was AVStoDVD.

It is also freeware like DVDFlick.

DVDFlick was OK for it's day which was a long while ago.

However it was always temperamental & sometimes worked & other times not.

I don't currently have ConvertXtoDVD but I've used the trial in the past & it worked well for me.

It is also easier to use than AVStoDVD .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.