Error reporting

skipit

Currently ImgBurn could not detect if the disk written is supported by drive. Instead of message that "this disk could not be burnt, because it is designed for more high-speed devices" ImgBurn displays a error box where among some binary dumps is a message "Write protected".

What disc and drive combination are we talking about ? :/

Admittedly none of my drives currently installed are that old (about 12m each) but I have a couple of older ones in the attic. At the start of this year I used the oldest one and didn't have such problems.....

Currently ImgBurn could not detect if the disk written is supported by drive. Instead of message that "this disk could not be burnt, because it is designed for more high-speed devices" ImgBurn displays a error box where among some binary dumps is a message "Write protected".

after my week from hell I'm a little jumpy about the possibility of group hugs =))=)) a firm handshake will do at the moment :lol:

reading the post he never got the "this disk could not be burnt, because it is designed for more high-speed devices" that was his interpretation of what he thought the message should say . The real IMGburn message was " Write Protected " so the age of the drive doesn't mean anything its just some confusion thrown in by the poster .

"Currently ImgBurn could not detect if the disk written is supported by drive."

more confusion here is he expecting IMGburn to read the disc ? IB opens the drive queries it and the drive reports back to IB if it can or cant and then IB reports that in the log

this is my reason for asking for the log it would be cut and dried instead of all the confusion ,it would show us what drive,firmware ,media etc,etc, all the good media is rated from 1X to 16x

Looks like he's trying to burn a file thats "write Protected " what kind css /macro something else who knows is there a write protected floppy in his drive

• 4 weeks later...

The problem was in CD-R what was too good for the drive (24x or something like that) while drive could only hand 10x. The problem resolved though by changing the drive. :) However, there are more problems arised.. Perhaps it is lucky Win2000Sp4 or pre-installed Nero spoiling the fun. In short - to be continued.. in another thread. :ninja:

that clears up alot ,If you read your posts it makes no mention of drive ,model ,supported speeds etc ,posting a log clears all that up,support for only 10x cd makes that drive a museum piece must be better than 12 yrs old thanks for getting back :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.