Right Click build option missing?

face411

I am sure this is an easy fix, and I fixed this on another pc before, but I cannot remember what I did or find the fix anywhere. 

After installing on an end user's machine (Win10 Enterprise build 1809) the context menu (right click) option to "build iso" or "build image" when selecting a folder is just not there. 

Can someone point me in the right direction, or even better to the fix? I am familiar with navigating the registry if that's what it takes. 

Thanks all! If I missed a previous tread on this, I'm sorry. I pinky promise that I searched before posting!

I'm almost positive that it jumps into the context menu in at least win7... maybe it's something from another program that is using imgburn and the name? 

I'll head over to collect screenshots from one of the older machines, if it's actually there. 

If I do see that on the Windows7 pc, do you think the registry entry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers will work if just copy/pasted into a Windows 10 pc?

BTW thanks for the super fast response! 

I would check that Win 7 Registry key branch for the Build context items you mentioned to see if they're there.  If they are there, then take note of what application they want to open.  I think you'll find something else other than ImgBurn, unless it is some kind of application that bundled ImgBurn with it, is being called by those context menu items.

I looked on an older machine with the context menu item, and it's a 3rd party app that adds the function. 

I was hoodwinked by the end user.... Bamboozled even! 

I appreciate the help, all the same. Is there any way we can turn this into a feature request? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.