Can't change booktype Pioneer DVD RW DVR-221

audifan

I have a problem.

Pioneer is not in the list of supported burners...which one should I use to change the booktype of my  Pioneer DVD RW DVR-221

I need to change the booktype to DVD-ROM 

I was tol that the Pioneer burner does this by itself when you burn a DVD-DL but it doesn't change the booktype...

This doesn't work with my drive:  http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/12018-book-type-rrw-media-on-pioneer-drives/

Please help...

Well, if the drive doesn't support booktype changing, nothing will get it to support it.  I don't think any Pioneer BD drive I've ever had supported changing the booktype.  Don't know about their DVD drives.  So, maybe it's that no Pioneer drives support changing the booktype.  If that's the case, you'll simply have to Google for drives that support changing booktype and get one of those.

I thought you could set the booktype on DVD+R DL at the time it's burned with some drives.  So, you probably can't change the booktype, like you say, except on rewritable media, but you can set the booktype on DVD+R DL.  At least, that's what I remember, but it's not my field of expertise, obviously.  :wink:

You can, which is why the W is between brackets ;-). To indicate that it applies to single as well as multi-use discs. It's just that -R media (single or multiple) afaik doesn't support booktype in general.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.