CREATE files

rnrkeeper

I have downloaded the manual, and it covers a lot.  What is doesn't cover is how you create

files, like BIN and CUE.  What I would like to do is create those files in a storage place and

then create a CD.  I have as I said 150 CDs with .WAV files.  I am hoping I can create a BIN and CUE, then

create a CD.

Depends on what you're intending to do.  Are you trying to create BIN/CUE from discs with WAV files on them or are you trying to create audio CD's from the WAV files on these discs?  If you're trying to create BIN/CUE from discs, use the Read mode in ImgBurn.  (If you select in the settings to create .CCD files for Virtual CloneDrive/CloneCD, then you won't get BIN/CUE but IMG files.)  If you're in the EZ Mode Picker, you'll want the Create image file from disc option.  If you're trying to create audio CD's from the WAV files, you'll want the Create CUE File option under Tools.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

Yes... what he said ^^ :)

The only way to make a BIN/CUE in the program is to Read a disc to an image file. You can't make one from a bunch of audio files (wav files or whatever).

I have managed to get a CUE file from a CD that is .WAV files and I created a .BIN & .CUE file from an existing audio CD.  They are obviously different.  Is there an explanation of the different line items?  The CD cue has timing sectors with spacing cues.  Is there a listing of the line definitions and what they mean?

Then I can put this updated file in the CD and it will be the final product? This CD will now play on any player?

I'm sorry I just don't know what you can and can't do with this program.

Unless he wants the image files for a backup or to mount as a virtual drive.

As for playback, unfortunately, the answer isn't as simple as yes or no.  It depends on the player you put the disc in, the type of CD-R you use, and sometimes even which drive burns the CD.

Is it possible to place an image (JPG) in an audio CD, like a LP cover image in the TITLE area of the CD.  There is plenty of room in just about all of my LP conversions. Maybe some versions of players might have this feature. 

Edited by rnrkeeper
typo

It is possible, but I don't think ImgBurn can do it and I doubt you can do it with just the Create CUE File option if it is possible for ImgBurn to do it.  What you'd have to do is create a disc with 2 tracks (Or is it sessions?  I forget which one ImgBurn can't do.) one with the audio CD tracks on it and one with a 2nd bit where you'd store the data part of the audio CD.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.