complete imgburn needed

anon125

Setup_ImgBurn_2580_N1ExL6QD_install_1157536491

i can download it with the chromebook, but it is going on a windows 7 laptop that does not connect to the internet.

as it is such a small file i assume it needs to connect to get the real file.

what do i do?

i have a BDMV file with certificate and i need to make a DVD with it. I made the original files.

will anything else do this job?

thanks all

Unless your BD Video disc is around 8 GB or less, you can't but BDMV files to DVD.  While you can put BD Video content to DVD (I think) and have a Blu-Ray player play it (I know it doesn't work the other way around.  You can't put DVD Video content to BD discs and get a Blu-Ray player to play them.), you're limited to about 4.7 GB for a single layer DVD and around 8 GB for double layer DVD.

It sounds like maybe you want ImgBurn to take a BD Video contents and convert it to DVD?  ImgBurn does no software conversion.  It just burns what you tell it to burn it.

If you're just trying to burn BD Video to Blu-Ray discs, then ImgBurn will do that. 

Depending on what you want to do, you'll probably find what you're looking for in one of these Guides:

No, BDMV is the Blu-Ray file format.  ImgBurn won't do any converting.  You'll need some kind of conversion software to convert Blu-Ray to DVD.  ImgBurn can then burn that conversion output, but it won't convert, no.

In an earlier post, you said you had a Blu-ray burner and Blu-ray discs. You're also saying you have a BDMV folder, so where does 'DVD' come into it?

Maybe you're just mixing terminology?

You're fine to burn a BD Video disc from the BDMV folder onto your Blu-ray discs using your Blu-ray burner.

Use one of the DVD creation guides (It's essentially the same thing for Blu-Ray except you won't use VIDEO_TS as the folder source.) I linked to earlier.  Just ignore the parts dealing with layer breaks if you're using the double layer guide.  There are no layer breaks on double layer Blu-Ray that the user needs to worry about.  Or you can use the guide I linked to labeled How to write a Blu-Ray Video disc using ImgBurn.  In fact, that second guide might be better because it directly deals with BD Video creation.

No, that's probably my fault.  I forgot about the different file system in Blu-Ray Video versus DVD Video.  If you were following the DVD guide, it would probably say use ISO9660 + UDF instead of just UDF.  Anyway, just select Yes to let ImgBurn make the default changes for you.  ImgBurn is smart enough to detect if you're probably making a Blu-Ray/DVD Video and prompt the user to make any appropriate changes that are not set by the user/changed by the user.

That could be probably one of two main things in your case. 

1.) Whatever made the Blu-Ray video folder you imported may not have authored it correctly. 

2.) Your log says you used a Ritek disc.  Your Blu-Ray player may not like Ritek discs.  They do have well known recognition issues with players.  I know the PS3 doesn't like Ritek BD-R and doesn't play them properly.  It does seem the job was detected as a Blu-Ray movie because the log says the appropriate settings were changed to reflect a Blu-Ray disc.  If that's the case, try Verbatim BD-R SL/DL.

Also, you used a BD-RE versus a BD-R.  RE does have more compatibility issues with players versus BD-R.  Try a WORM (Write Once Read Many) BD-R SL/DL.  And don't try Verbatim BD-R SL.  DL is quality, SL is cheap CMC Magnetics crap, which is even worse than Ritek.

In the meantime, try this disc that doesn't play in someone else's Blu-Ray player.  See what results you get.

I 12:00:14 File System(s): UDF (2.50)

I 12:00:14 Volume Label: Mullins Museum Remake AVCHD
I 12:00:14 Size: 11,304 bytes
I 12:00:14 Sectors: 12
I 12:00:14 Image Size: 1,310,720 bytes
I 12:00:14 Image Sectors: 640
I 12:00:18 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:53
I 12:00:18 Operation Started!

You wrote ~10KiB to the disc. No wonder it didn't play!

I failed to notice that.  That is why it didn't play.  So, whatever created your Blu-Ray output appeared to have not actually created anything that plays.

In your BDMV folder, is there a subfolder called STREAM?  I THINK that's where BD Video is stored.  At least, that was on the only BD Video I can remember ever navigating.  I don't do BD Video creation too often, so I know very little about its functional structure versus what I know about DVD.  Is there anything in STREAM?  If so, how large are the contents?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.