Jump to content
pianista_d_c

Problem with characters á, é, í, ó, ú in an ISO file.

Recommended Posts

Hello, I have searching for a solution to this problem but since I do not speak English, I do not understand and I can not find a solution.

I want to create an data .iso image file with the system ISO9660:1999 and MODE1/2048, but when i compare the files from created .iso file with the original folder, i see that the files or folders with letters like á, é, í, ó, ú etc., these letters have changed.

Is possible to create an data .iso file with this letters? how is the correct configuration for this? i need use ISO9660:1999 cause i have files, folders and subfolders with a excessive number of characters in his names and are not modifiable.

Thank you very much for you help for my!    ;)  :thumbsup:

imgburn 01.PNG

imgburn 02.PNG

imgburn 03.PNG

ImgBurn.log

Original-Modified 01.PNG

Original-Modified 02.PNG

Original-Modified 03.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is using Joliet or UDF not an option?

ISO9660 isn't great with unusual characters and I'm English, so I don't see them or have much of a chance to test with them.

Your windows settings may also play a part in the attempted conversion, I honestly can't remember.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this will work, but try changing the ISO9660 file system option to UDF 2.60.  See if you get better results.

 

Ah, LUK replied while I was, basically making the same suggestion.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

Is using Joliet or UDF not an option?

ISO9660 isn't great with unusual characters and I'm English, so I don't see them or have much of a chance to test with them.

Your windows settings may also play a part in the attempted conversion, I honestly can't remember.

 

 

22 minutes ago, dbminter said:

I don't know if this will work, but try changing the ISO9660 file system option to UDF 2.60.  See if you get better results.

 

Ah, LUK replied while I was, basically making the same suggestion.  :)

 

Wao Friends! :worthy: Yeah, I Love You! UDF was works well for this case. Thanks so much for yours answers!

Now my question is: if i need to use ISO9660:1999 with the characters á, é, í, ó, ú, is this possible? Because ISO9660:1999 format was working very good when i maked an .iso file with the offline install files of Microsoft Visual Studio that have very longer names... so, i probably will need to use ISO9660:1999 again; for this reason i insist in this question.

Thanks. :unknown::thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there are simply some things you can't do with ISO9660.  For instance, I'm pretty sure - isn't acceptable and you have to use _.  : also isn't allowed, I don't think.

 

If you have offline install files, you probably don't need ISO9660, anyway.  You can just try adding them to a Build job using UDF and check the log window to see if any file name changes were made.  If no file or folder names were changed, then the files are exactly the same as they were when you added them.  No changes were made so they should still work on UDF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 8:16 PM, dbminter said:

I know there are simply some things you can't do with ISO9660.  For instance, I'm pretty sure - isn't acceptable and you have to use _.  : also isn't allowed, I don't think.

 

If you have offline install files, you probably don't need ISO9660, anyway.  You can just try adding them to a Build job using UDF and check the log window to see if any file name changes were made.  If no file or folder names were changed, then the files are exactly the same as they were when you added them.  No changes were made so they should still work on UDF.

Man... the solution that i found is to use other software for change and replace these unknown character for normal characters automatically... Thank you very much for your help! :thumbsup::clapping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem!  :)

 

I thought ImgBurn would make such changes itself if you didn't use UDF or some kind of file system that supported those unusual characters.  It would rename files to compliant names, probably by replacing them with underscores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dbminter said:

No problem!  :)

 

I thought ImgBurn would make such changes itself if you didn't use UDF or some kind of file system that supported those unusual characters.  It would rename files to compliant names, probably by replacing them with underscores.

In my opinion, if it ever changes any letter, it should change it into similar letter without acccents or diacritics NOT with underscores. 

á, é, í, ó, ú, should be a, e, i, o, u

! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) - + < > ? \ / or any similar character can go into underscores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's easier on the programmer to just replace those with one character versus doing it for all 5.  :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many more than those 5. Many languages use diacritics. In my language (Romanian) are ă, î, â, ș, ț, that should convert to a, i, a, s, t.

I'm pretty sure that are existing conversion tables containing all off the possible conversions that could be used by a programmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that just makes my point clearer.  It's even more than 5, so it's even more work.  And even with a table listing the changes, each time still has to be implemented individually.  If you change it to just one character, then you can create a Case statement where each Case is only performed with one change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.