Your image doesn't appear to be of the correct format for burning onto a DVD.

bmorrow492

I am trying to make copies of some music CDs (home made- not protected). When I get to the writing step I get the message:

"Your image doesn't appear to be of the correct format for burning onto a DVD."

Does this mean I need to buy a different kind of disk to burn to?

If so, what should I look for?

If you're sure they're music CD's and not DVD's, then something is up. 

It sounds like you created an image file from this music CD.  While in Write mode with this image loaded, in the pane of image file info on the left hand side, what is the Size field in bytes?

Also, are you putting in recordable DVD's into your burner instead of recordable CD's?  If they're music CD's, you'll need CD-R or CD-RW to burn the image to.  If you put in a recordable DVD and you're trying to burn an Audio CD image to it, ImgBurn might be detecting you're trying to write to the wrong media format.  In this case, DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD-RW/DVD+RW/DVD-RAM.

" in the pane of image file info on the left hand side, what is the Size field in bytes? "

answer- the size is 824,670,000 bytes.

" are you putting in recordable DVD's into your burner instead of recordable CD's?  If they're music CD's, you'll need CD-R or CD-RW to burn the image to. "

answer- I am trying to record onto a DVD-R.

" You can't burn (proper) music CDs to DVD, you need to buy some CD-R discs."

answer- I will order some CD-R disks and give it another try. Thank-you, Lightning, for taking the time to help me out.

Audio CD's are very unique beasts.  Because they came first and before the creation of recordable CD's that could store data, Audio CD's aren't "data" CD's.  They're specifically designed so they can be read on the external CD player hardware.  For that reason, Audio CD images apparently can't be written to DVD or BD recordable discs.

.CUE files are the same way.  They can only be written to CD-R/RW.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.