Sign in to follow this  
DarkFalc

Oversize ISO Files

Posted (edited)

As per my previous thread I have automated iso creation for Visual Studio (Microsoft no longer offer an iso download). My script updates the VS layout directory, and then makes an iso of the directory. This seemed to be working fine for months until I realised that the iso being created is much much larger than it needs to be. I'm wondering if the block size or something similar in the iso is larger than my hard drive partition, causing the size on disk to larger (I am using FileSystem "ISO9660 + UDF"). The iso size seems to be this large as soon as the iso starts being built, its possible that ImgBurn is just over provisioning the size at the start.

I have searched the forums before asking this question, I saw this thread which was a similar question but wasn't resolved.

Below is the batch script I am running for creating the iso, the REM line is what a user can run (without REM) to execute the same command I am using without the variables.

:CREATE_ISO
ECHO Creating new VS2017 ISO
ECHO %DATE% %TIME% >> "%LOGPATH%"
ECHO CREATE_ISO Started >> "%LOGPATH%"
"%IMGBURNPATH%" /MODE BUILD /BUILDOUTPUTMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%LAYOUTDIR%" /ROOTFOLDER YES /PRESERVEFULLPATHNAMES NO /RECURSESUBDIRECTORIES YES /INCLUDEHIDDENFILES YES /INCLUDESYSTEMFILES YES /VOLUMELABEL VS2017 /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /DEST "%ISOPATH%" /START /CLOSE /NOIMAGEDETAILS
REM IMGBURN.EXE /MODE BUILD /BUILDOUTPUTMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "D:\TestInputDirectory" /ROOTFOLDER YES /PRESERVEFULLPATHNAMES NO /RECURSESUBDIRECTORIES YES /INCLUDEHIDDENFILES YES /INCLUDESYSTEMFILES YES /VOLUMELABEL VS2017 /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /DEST "D:\TestOutputDirectory\test.iso" /START /CLOSE /NOIMAGEDETAILS
ECHO %DATE% %TIME% >> "%LOGPATH%"
ECHO CREATE_ISO Completed >> "%LOGPATH%"
GOTO CREATE_CHECKSUM

Before making this post I also tried changing the FileSystem modes and Folder/File restrictions but.. the output file always seems to be the same large size.

00_LayoutDirectorySize.png

01_IsoFileSize.png

Edit: I bought imgburn team a coffee since I have previously had support question answered.

Edited by DarkFalc

Post the log please.

Can you also add that folder via the actual gui interface, click the 'calculate' button and then post a screenshot of what it says on that tab.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.