Overburning - file sorting

Annoynimous

When overburning, some files written at the leadout, would probably fail to be read later.

Or would quickly degrade and fail to be reading in afew weeks/motnths

Other byurning programs, even w/o overburning capability, usually allows userto sort files by priority.

Some files are written at the beginning of imag - slow but reliable, and some at the end - faster but less reliable and quite risky when overburning.

ImgBurn unpredicatbly sorts filenames before burning, so i can't tell it which files to put in the end.

Wish: make some sort of checkbox for files, that i want to be put at disk tail.

Or even better - some queue id a want to put number of cmall files at the tail, sorting them on some priority of my own, which should have more chances to survive and which - less.

Unpredictably sorts them?! I think not!

It sorts them by name - except in the case of DVD Video where other factors come into play.

If you're worried about the reliability of files at the end of overburnt discs, don't overburn, pretty simple really.

I'm usually (brutally) honest when it comes to suggestions and giving files a priority rating is not something that interests me at this time, sorry.

If you require that functionality you should stick to using your existing tools.

Annoynimous;

Just a quick question...Why do you want to overburn? I don't understand the concept... :)

Well Spinner,,,,,,,,,, you burn more information onto a blank disc then it would normally be able to hold..... :rolleyes::lol:

• 2 months later...
Unpredictably sorts them?! I think not!

It sorts them by name - except in the case of DVD Video where other factors come into play.

As far as DVD Video is concerned, Imgburn behaves different than other programs, say, Nero. There additional material is added at the end, while Imgburn puts them first. I experience no compatibility problems on my DVD players, but discs usually deterioate from the outer edge and then the video material deterioates first rather than the additional material, which is usually not as relevant. Thus it would be safer to put additional material at the end of the disc like most other burn programs.

I'm usually (brutally) honest when it comes to suggestions and giving files a priority rating is not something that interests me at this time, sorry.

If you require that functionality you should stick to using your existing tools.

I really like Imgburn a lot, but it's a pitty that alphabetical order is the only choice. Is it really difficult to burn the files that order, in which they were dragged into Imgburn? In that way one could arrange that more important files are better protected against disc deterioation.

I would support writing them at the end as the safest option (as far as the video is concerned). But the default is the default. You can always change it (Tools - Settings - Build - DVD Video).

For mine, why bother with DVD ROM stuff? Generally, the backup is of a DVD Video and if you want the DVD ROM stuff, you can take it off the original anytime. I guess, the only caveat to this would be the JACKET_P folder.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.