madflac 1.10 Doesn't Work Under Windows 10 x64?

kxkvi

I recently needed to burn some FLAC files to an audio CD. My first thought was that I'd need to install

the madflac v 1.10 filter, so I did.  Nevertheless, my FLAC files still aren't recognized.  I thought it might be

something peculiar to certain FLAC files, so I tried a variety of them, all with the same result.  I'm running

Windows 10 x64 v1903.

Attached is a screenshot and a sample ImgBurn log file.  `Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks and regards,

Thomas

MadFlac Failure.jpg

ImgBurn.log

Edited by kxkvi

I haven't made an audio CD from FLAC files in some time, but last time I did it, I was using madFLAC under Windows 10 x64.

It may sound counterproductive, but try using any of the online free audio file converters to convert one of these FLAC's to a FLAC.  This new FLAC might actually be compliant.  I've had that happen before, actually.  However, it may not actually do any good at all, though.

I just tried creating a CUE file under Windows 10 1903 x64 and it worked with the FLAC I put in.  So, I'd be leaning more towards your input files being the problem.  However, without you actually having a FLAC file you know worked before and trying it again, it's hard to say if it's your input files or your madFLAC installation.

1 minute ago, dbminter said:

I haven't made an audio CD from FLAC files in some time, but last time I did it, I was using madFLAC under Windows 10 x64.

It may sound counterproductive, but try using any of the online free audio file converters to convert one of these FLAC's to a FLAC.  This new FLAC might actually be compliant.  I've had that happen before, actually.  However, it may not actually do any good at all, though.

I just tried creating a CUE file under Windows 10 1903 x64 and it worked with the FLAC I put in.  So, I'd be leaning more towards your input files being the problem.  However, without you actually having a FLAC file you know worked before and trying it again, it's hard to say if it's your input files or your madFLAC installation.

Hi, thanks for the response.

I found the problem.  I was trying to install madflac by running the "install.bat" as an administrator from the GUI.

The solution was to open a command window and use the START command to install it.  All of my FLAC files are

now recognized successfully.  I'm very pleased and relieved.

Again, thanks.

Thomas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.