Can't create an .iso file in read mode

kschwi

I received a message saying that using read mode to create an image from a multi-track DVD-R disk is not currently supported.  

I am using the latest  Windows on my computer and this is a self burned disk from my Toshiba D-R410 DVD Video recorded.  I must have done something different when burning this disk because I could swear I have copied DVD-R disks I created from my Toshiba many times before.

So, how do I use the build mode to make a copy of this disk?  When I select build mode it says the disk is not empty.  

I'm guessing since you said this was a DVD recorder, you're trying to make a DVD Video disc?  With a VIDEO_TS folder in the root directory of the disc you're trying to copy?  If so, try following this guide:

Toshiba is not the only one that does this.  My Panasonic DVD recorders since 2002 do the same thing and can't be copied to ISO by ImgBurn.  But, you can Build your own DVD Video from the contents on the disc.  Even though the guide probably tells you only to copy the VIDEO_TS folder, also copy the AUDIO_TS folder and any other files and folders in the root directory of the disc you're trying to copy.  The disc must have been finalized by the Toshiba DVD recorder and thus playable on any DVD player in order for this to work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.