Failed to Read Sectors Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error

Snoopy329

So, I am having trouble creating an image file from a disc. I have used imgburn for many many years without a problem. I only use it to back up and make image files of personal things I make, install Cds etc.. I have also used it to make image files of some math software and I have been doing these for about 7 years now because as everybody knows, everything loads up quicker from the image file.  Anyways, I tried to perform this same process from the same company that I have done other discs from but,this time I am getting an error and was just wondering what it could be. None of the other hundreds of discs I have image filed have had any copyright protection on them (that I know of) so I am wondering if maybe thats the issue? Attached is my log.

Imgburn Log.rtf

So, the disc is brand new and yes it is clean. I have tried it on 3 different DVD drives and yes, all of them give me the same error. It is not a DVD I have tried to burn in the past. I'm not really trying to burn it as I am keeping the DVD its just I want to load it from the the computer using a virtual drive so i am trying to make an image file from the disc.

Edited by Snoopy329
Added info

Ok, so it's a pressed (silver) disc then, not a 'burnt' one?

It could be a form of copy protection, yes.

The name of the file the problem sector belongs to certainly has a random looking name, but maybe that's normal for that disc? You could just keep ignoring the error (click 'continue') and let it fill the bad sector with zeros.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.