Retiring Yoda

big_duggy

I posted at Videohelp and was re-directed.

It's not an error as such, just a niggle.

Have been trying permutations of the command line to try and override the popup to no avail.

I have a pile of CD/DVD's (100 ish) that are used to save years of downloaded files.
Using the listed command on a DVD, the program generates a nice .iso file.
If a CD is used, the Yoda message pops up and if I want an ISO (and I do) a 'Yes' is required.
As I'm not too familiar with the program, and I don't see a setting to by-pass the pop-up, I need help with the command if possible, to have it ignore Yoda and continue saving as .iso.

"c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOREAD /SRC F: /DEST "Z:\Ripped\Disks\[DISC_LABEL].iso" /START /CLOSE

yoda.jpg

On 1/12/2020 at 5:24 AM, Ch3vr0n said:

I'd release it this month tbh. Would be a excellent new year's present, and stop all those topics about 'imgburn is dead?'

Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Don't hold your breath, imgburn has been dead for years.

ImgBurn R.I.P   :D

Edited by AWKJ

Just because it hasn't seen an update on a while doesn't mean it's dead

Several years :lol:..that is a very longggggg while, and its considered dead.

4 years ago I purchased Hard Wipe Commercial 100 seats $1600 license for my wife's offices and developer assured me he is working on update which would include few small add-ons and small fixes her and there, nothing big, there is always something you can improve in software....no updates since, that is a dead project.

Developer can tell you all he wants, no updates for months is sign of no interest in further development........period.

Lets meet back in here next years or even 2 years , forum might still exist, but the version of app will be still  the same, let's make a bet

Once again ImgBurn ...R.I.P :D :lol:

Edited by AWKJ

Then you've been sorely misguided. He stated there's been numerous new implementations ready for the next release. There's also the fact that people have personal lives, people don't live and breath code.

Feel free to find a different solution.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong I've always liked ImgBurn in fact, few years ago on different occasions I donated good amount of $  and I'm not talking $10 or $20 and I was actually planning on donating on regular basis but for some strange reason I felt already a bit skeptical by the feedback I got from Lightning UK and I don't want to make this a topic, but yes, ImgBurn was my favorite burning software.

Ultimately I end up getting PowerISO several licenses, which is image editing software but It does good job burning as well. I still have ImgBurn in my toolbox, but, once again I see no movement in development so I don't even bother using it.

Anyhow, you right, there are options and I'm sure lightning UK don't mind either way.

Take care

Edited by AWKJ

On 1/11/2020 at 4:58 PM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

v2.5.8.0 doesn't have any way of getting around that prompt.

I have already added another command line parameter that can, but it'll only be available in the next release... whenever that might be.

Is it in good enough shape to release as a public beta? Perhaps you could create a public beta forum which wouldn't pollute the beta team's forum (assuming your have one) with n00b noise?

Just a thought...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.