Problem creating bootable CD from floppy disk

Spartan1

I have ImgBurn v 2.5.8.0 running under Windows XP Pro, and the machine has a DVD writer plus a 1.44 Mb floppy disk drive.  I have a bootable DOS 6.0 floppy disk and I wish to make a bootable CD / DVD.  I have tried several times but either get error messages or the DVD just isn't bootable.  I'm wasting disks!  Just to clarify, the machine will boot up on the floppy drive, and also on previously copied (using ImgBurn) bootable DVDs.  So both drives and the software are fully functioning.

Can anyone kindly point me to a step by step idiot's guide to doing what I thought would be a simple job.

Try this.

Not all of that will apply to your situation, but the specifics on bootable discs might help.  You'll want to extract the bootimage from the floppy drive, if allowed.  I've never done it and, honestly, have had very little luck creating bootable discs from other media.

If you have a capable drive and can get some media, get some rewritable DVD discs.  That way, you won't be wasting media on something you haven't successfully accomplished yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.