newbie help needed - getting .AVI to play on my bluray player

Juggernaut

Hi all,

I have home miniDV videos that I have imported onto my computer. They are in .AVI format.

I would like to be able to have them play automatically once I put the bluray into my bluray player. My player sees that there is a file there but it will not play it (but the movies play normally on my computer)

How do I get imgburn to burn the .avi in a way that the bluray player will recognize it and play it?

Also is there a way to set up a menu structure like a professional bluray disk?

(would be looking for free software to do this if imgburn cannot do this stuff)

Thanks for the help!
Juggernaut

As far as I know, no Blu-Ray player will play AVI files the moment you insert the disc.  You have to choose them from a manually selected menu interface IF your Blu-Ray player even supports playing AVI files natively.

If you want an autostarting disc, you'll have to convert AVI to BDMV folder format.  ConvertXToHD is the only software I can think of that might do that, but it's not free.  And I don't know of any free alternatives.

ImgBurn just writes/burns what you feed it.  It does no conversion.  However, with a BDMV folder, you can create an ISO with ImgBurn and burn it to BD that will autostart on a Blu-Ray player.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.