computer crash with ImgBurn

totalnovice

I shrank a region 1 DVD and saved it to a folder on the desktop. When I tried to burn it to a new DVD with region 0 compatability the computer crashed. In the message that appeared the following line seemed particularly relevant but is incomprehensible to me:

STOP:0x0000008E, (0x0000005, 0x806FF94F, 0xECF11B18, 0x00000000)

Can anybody help?

all burns become region free . Did you convert it to an ISO image? If its crashing look for driver problems its not an IMGburn issue and in the next post include a log this is mandatory to see whats going on drive ,os ,media , error messages ,IMGburn version and so on

theres not enough info

take the codes and run them with Google 0x0000008E, related to RAM x0000005, device drivers and so on

if you installed new hardware lately then start there or more memory

Take a look in C:\Windows\MiniDumps

Many thanks. I didn't call myself totalnovice for nothing. It took me a while to even find where the log was stored. Here it is:

I 15:31:24 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 15:31:24 Microsoft Windows 95

I 15:31:24 Initialising ASPI...

E 15:31:24 Unable to initialise ASPI! - WNASPI32.DLL

E 15:31:24 Reason: The specified module could not be found.

E 15:31:24 You need to install an ASPI manager.

E 15:31:24 Visit http://www.imgburn.com to download one.

E 15:31:24 Alternatively, try changing the 'I/O Interface' in the Settings to a different one.

It means nothing to me.

all burns become region free . Did you convert it to an ISO image? If its crashing look for driver problems its not an IMGburn issue and in the next post include a log this is mandatory to see whats going on drive ,os ,media , error messages ,IMGburn version and so on

theres not enough info

take the codes and run them with Google 0x0000008E, related to RAM x0000005, device drivers and so on

if you installed new hardware lately then start there or more memory

Thanks for the help. I'm called totalnovice because I am one. Yes, I did convert to an ISO image. Here's the log (it's gibberish to me):

I 15:31:24 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 15:31:24 Microsoft Windows 95

I 15:31:24 Initialising ASPI...

E 15:31:24 Unable to initialise ASPI! - WNASPI32.DLL

E 15:31:24 Reason: The specified module could not be found.

E 15:31:24 You need to install an ASPI manager.

E 15:31:24 Visit http://www.imgburn.com to download one.

E 15:31:24 Alternatively, try changing the 'I/O Interface' in the Settings to a different one.

What does it mean?

Blimey... Windows 95! No wonder you're getting crashes!

Well as it says in the log, you need to get an ASPI manager before ImgBurn can talk to your drives. Visit www.imgburn.com go to the downloads section and download Adaptecs ASPI layer.

I have to ask though... if you're only running Windows 95, do you even have a CD burner, let alone a DVD one?

it might be time to think about a new computer , M$oft no longer supports 95 and if the computer is as old as win 95 then while you can probably burn its going to be really slow especially with the amount of memory they installed way back when 95 was the os and the CPU speed . CPU speed is directly related to compression and encoding time

Many thanks to all of you. But, hey, I'm not running Windows 95 but Windows XP Home SP2. If the log shows Windows 95 then there's obviously a wrong setting somewhere. I cannot see where there's any place to reset this in ImgBurn. I have 27GB free diskspace, 512MB DDR RAM 334MHz, 3.06 GHz Mobile Intel Pentium 4. The fault is obviously with me, not the computer, so be kind to it! Again, instruction would be gratefully received.

Many thanks to all of you. But, hey, I'm not running Windows 95 but Windows XP Home SP2. If the log shows Windows 95 then there's obviously a wrong setting somewhere. I cannot see where there's any place to reset this in ImgBurn. I have 27GB free diskspace, 512MB DDR RAM 334MHz, 3.06 GHz Mobile Intel Pentium 4. The fault is obviously with me, not the computer, so be kind to it! Again, instruction would be gratefully received.

we calls em like we see em where that 95 stuff came I dont know

Right click the ImgBurn.exe file and click on 'Properties'.

Then click the 'Compatibility' tab.

Uncheck the 'run this program in compatibility mode for' option.

God knows how/why you ever did that in the first place!

It worked!! Many, many thanks. It took a while; I made mistakes but with the aid of your guides I got there. It was a relatively short film but it copied it beautifully. It will be interesting to see how I cope with one of the recent blockbuster movies. I think I'm even beginning to grasp the principles of recording to more than one disk. I'm grateful for your help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.