Audio CD

hilfer

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for Burrrn. Gambit has really made an awesome cdrdao frontend here, so if you haven't allready, then do yourself a favor and go download it. Not only does it support all needed formats out-of-the-box, but also ReplayGain, all EACs cuesheets(even the non-compliant ones), WavPack/FLAC/APE images with embedded cuesheets and Gambit has also added code so that MP3s are decoded gaplessly just like Peters decoder in foobar2000(lame.exe only removes the leading padding based on the LAME info tag, but not the trailling padding, which is what Gambit has added - not to lame.exe, but his app ammends the decoded output from lame.exe after the decoding has been done).

Burrrn :

http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

To me, then ImgBurn for data and Burrrn for audio is all that i use for all my burning needs(i have switched from burnatonce to Imgburn for data not that long ago because of DVD writing problems with cdrecord-ProDVD).

I'm embarresed to admit that i haven't given LUK! a donation for his great work yet, but as i don't have a credit card, then i really don't know how to be able to support him unfortunetly :'(

CU, Martin.

Edited by Martin H

• 3 weeks later...
One more vote for Burrrn ....

"Friends don't let friends use Windows Media Player" :ermm:

(well not past version 6.4 anyway ....)

:/ Mmm well it works ok for me and I am no fan of MS stuff but I have no issues with it - it does what it says on the tin and as its pre-installed I will stick with it. :)

Mmm well it works ok for me and I am no fan of MS stuff but I have no issues with it - it does what it says on the tin and as its pre-installed I will stick with it.

Thought your wife would have hidden the Eggnog :D

It's ok suppose, not the worst software by far. AOL take that honour.

Edited by dontasciime

"Friends don't let friends use Windows Media Player" :ermm:

(well not past version 6.4 anyway ....)

:/ Mmm well it works ok for me and I am no fan of MS stuff but I have no issues with it - it does what it says on the tin and as its pre-installed I will stick with it. :)

I didn't mean to imply WMP is not fit for purpose - it seems a capable enough media player, and has some nice features - it's just that <TIN FOIL>it's got a poor security record, particularly in its later bloat more fancy features</TINFOIL>. I'd like to have its visualisation features but have no interest in things like the skin-downloading stuff that seems to open a dogs dinner of security holes. I feel safer using more focused and leanly-coded programs ... MPC and VLC seem to be adequate substitutes. Of course if I only ever viewed media files obtained from trustable sources then this wouldn't be an issue :rolleyes:

I confess I didn't know about the beneficial effects of egg nog in this matter, and may subscribe to your newsletter :whistling:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.