CD overburn

peepoil

I use 99 minute /900mg CD's to capture mpeg1 films, how do you adjust the recording length?

Nero you can tell it to allow overburn but I cannot find this option for imageburn. When I tried I got a warning that disc was too small.

Edited by peepoil

There is nothing in ImgBurn to limit you.

You simply accept that it won't fit on the disc going by standard sizes and it'll automatically try to overburn to whatever size it needs to be.

I'm not sure it's possible to specify anything over 99mins though as that's all SAO allows for due to the 'Send Cue Sheet' command being limited to 00 - 99 for 'minutes'. There's no way to send a 3rd hex character, as you would need if going to 100+.

There is nothing in ImgBurn to limit you.

You simply accept that it won't fit on the disc going by standard sizes and it'll automatically try to overburn to whatever size it needs to be.

I'm not sure it's possible to specify anything over 99mins though as that's all SAO allows for due to the 'Send Cue Sheet' command being limited to 00 - 99 for 'minutes'. There's no way to send a 3rd hex character, as you would need if going to 100+.

OK thanks 99 minutes is all I need, I stopped the burn when the warning appeared.

I will try again.

Erm if it's a 99minute disc, it doesn't make sense that it would display a warning if you're only trying to burn 99 mins!

Unless of course you were like a sector or two over the standard size?

Any chance of a screenshot of the 'overburn' messagebox or a copy of the log?

Erm if it's a 99minute disc, it doesn't make sense that it would display a warning if you're only trying to burn 99 mins!

Unless of course you were like a sector or two over the standard size?

Any chance of a screenshot of the 'overburn' messagebox or a copy of the log?

I think I am getting my self confused, sorry

It will not allow (recognise) mpeg1's except if using "build" then will not burn, error is "cue sheet not sent" It gets to and past the length warning and then fails.

Is it possible to burn mpeg's or am I wasting everyones time.

As I said, if the disc exceeds 99 mins, it won't work.

I guess that the mpg + filesystem etc is just too big for it.

If you wanted to burn the mpg as a vcd or whatever, no ImgBurn doesn't do that. If you wanted it as a file that explorer could still see, ImgBurn is fine (except for when you've made the mpg too big!).

Build mode is for creating data style Mode 1 ISO's, not Mode 2 VCD/SVCD style ones (which are also multiple track - another thing ImgBurn doesn't do).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.