Sign in to follow this  
Dyl

OTP & PTP??!!

It's not set in that mode - it's actually made that way. You can't set it and unset it.

L0>L1 (I think = is not compliant, LUK! may have a different view)

Break must be at a cell boundary

Reading a file, it will just read the sectors in order, same as always, yes.

Regards

Yes of course I mean made, not set.

So I can find the difference between OTP or PTP only if reading an original media, but it doesn't make difference burning media using ISO files

L0 = L1 is actually the best situation. It means there is no 'padding' at the end of L1. The padding is not as good as real data - according to MMC specs.

An original PTP disc can have L1 > L0. As an Image file, of course the layer break doesn't matter.

When you try to burn that image to a normal DL disc (that's then OTP), you obviously have to move the layer break position back to the previous cell - in the hope that the new layer break will be such that L0 >= L1.

If that previous (or there abouts) cell LBA is not a multiple of 16, you're screwed! You then have to recreate the ISO, adding padding to the file system or whatever so that previous cell IS on an LBA that's a multiple of 16.

No worries - would have thought there was plenty of :beer: at yours following Jr's 18th birthday !! :lol:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.