Merge 2 iso's?

lpew

I looked here and in doom9 for info re the possiblity of merging 2 ISO files (well, MDS files, really) in order to create one DL dvd, but all I could find was LOTS of info on merging VOB or IFO files.

Am I right in thinking that no-can-do with ISOs; that I have to create VOB files or IFO instead (am comfortable with ISOs but newbie to VOB & IFO stuff, so lots of reading ahead of me)?

I've read lots of stuff on this procedure, and it sure seems time consuming, unless I dish out $50 bucks for software that merges quickly.

In theory, it might be possible to inject the 2nd ISO file into the first, with UltraISO, and then be able to mount the ISO from the ISO. However, I do not recommend trying this. :lol: Alcohol, when I tried it once, just went berserk, and I had to restart Windows. You're better off extracting the 2nd ISO's contents, as recommended, and creating a new first ISO. Although you might be able to just inject the extracted files into the 1st.

Oh, man, I completely spaced on the fact that these were movie images.

Anyway, I'm taking from the fact that you said you spent $50, that you're writing these images to discs before testing them. Either use rewritables or just test the images straight from the hard drive first. Or, was that $50 for this software you mentioned?

And, merging two movie ISO's would work, but, you'd have something that doesn't play in a DVD player. :) Depending on what you want to do, e.g. if you just want the movie, copy the two movie streams into Nero Recode, which should handle making its own layer break. Or DVDReMake which has some functions for merging two movies together with a rudimentary menu system.

Edited by dbminter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.