'Operation Successfully Completed' poping on top of everything

pfeerick

Whenever I have imgburn writing a disc, and I am running something else, the 'Operation Successfully Completed' message pops up ontop of what ever I'm running (speak of the devil - it just poped up then!).

This becomes a nusiance when running full screen-apps (games/movies) and then imgburn suddenly pops up the success message, taking the app currenlty running out of full-screen mode. Is there an option to stop this behaviour that I've missed? It would be ok if the dialog still appeared, just not becoming the currently focused item. It would also be nice if there was an option to not show the dialog at all - all these sucess messages can get annoying :)

Just noticed that when Imgburn is minimised to the system tray, it displays a balloon tip from the tray instead of the operation successful dialog - have to see if this works.

EDIT: Ok, it seems I lied, that dratted dialog poped up again, I just didn't see it. Is there really a need to be told twice that the burn was successful?

Running Imgburn v2.1 on Windows XP SP2 (Home)

regards,

Peter

Edited by pfeerick

theres no option that I know of but in all honesty I know LUK never for a second thought that someone would be complaining about an operation successfully completed notice there are lots of members who having trouble burning would trade places with you , :lol: man thats a new one :lol:

The balloon only comes up if the app is in the system tray - but it's only there for 10 seconds and so easily missed.

The message box pops up regardless of application state.

There's nothing in the code to tell it to shove the message to the front of the z order, that's something windows appears to be doing all by itself.

btw, I just built a few test images and the 'operation successfully completed' box didn't pop to the front of the z order for me, my currently active window (which happened to be IE) stayed at the front.

what a cheek :D

Thanks though as you have now inspired me to write off to the manufacturer of my microwave as when i am watching TV and my food is cooked it keeps bleeping getting louder with each bleep, dam right spoiling my viewing pleasure.

Edited by dontasciime

could be worse, my friends african grey parrot started imitating the microwave and the front door bell and for months he opened the door there was no one there and he swore he'd kill the kid he found ringing the bell and running ,the complaints about the microwave everytime he heard the "ding" with "this POS is going in the garbage" :lol: which it did ,and you know it "ding" and the grey blew his cover ,I almost peed myself and had a pain in the side from laughing =))=))=))

The balloon only comes up if the app is in the system tray - but it's only there for 10 seconds and so easily missed.

The message box pops up regardless of application state.

There's nothing in the code to tell it to shove the message to the front of the z order, that's something windows appears to be doing all by itself.

btw, I just built a few test images and the 'operation successfully completed' box didn't pop to the front of the z order for me, my currently active window (which happened to be IE) stayed at the front.

Thanks LUK, look like I'll have to hunt down whatever is making that dialog go in front of the current window. I just got really annoying when playing Warcraft or NFS and then Imgburn bought the game out of full screen mode just to say the burn was successful! :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.