Error with dual layer disk

burchis

Newbie here so please be kind,

I have been burning my own DVD+R for about a year now and wanted to start creating DVD+R DL disk. I am having trouble getting 2 of my 3 DVD players to read the dual layer disk. All of my single layer disk work fine in these two players (Zenith XBV443 and Phillips DVD726). The third player (JVC HR-XVS44U) successfully reads and plays both single and dual layers DVD's.

I'm probally in the wrong forum but any help would be appreciated.

Newbie here so please be kind,

I have been burning my own DVD+R for about a year now and wanted to start creating DVD+R DL disk. I am having trouble getting 2 of my 3 DVD players to read the dual layer disk. All of my single layer disk work fine in these two players (Zenith XBV443 and Phillips DVD726). The third player (JVC HR-XVS44U) successfully reads and plays both single and dual layers DVD's.

I'm probally in the wrong forum but any help would be appreciated.

did you change the booktype to -rom?

put the burnt disc in your burner , open imgburn in write mode and take a look on the right hand side at the , physical format information ( last recorded )

it should look like this

BENQ DVD DD DW1640 BSRB (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 3.812.032

Size: 7.807.041.536 bytes

Time: 847:09:07 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2,4x

DVD?R DL Boundary Information:

L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1.944.864

Changeable: No

Physical Format Information (ADIP):

Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01

Book Type: DVD+R DL

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196.608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16.580.607

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2.283.519

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01

Book Type: DVD-ROM

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196.608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16.502.911

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2.141.471

Layer Information:

Layer 0 Sectors: 1.944.864 (51,02%)

Layer 1 Sectors: 1.867.168 (48,98%)

did you change the booktype to -rom?

put the burnt disc in your burner , open imgburn in write mode and take a look on the right hand side at the , physical format information ( last recorded )

it should look like this

Thanks for your reply. I checked the disk and the 'book type' showed DVD+R DL instead of -ROM. Where or how do I change this setting?

Thanks for your help.

on the lower right corner of IMGburn screen there is a little icon that looks like a book click on it and you will see a number of drive manufacturers find your drive and click on it (if its there) then use the Change For setting and then new setting .If you could have posted a log all that info would have been there Drive, Os, etc etc if you happen to own a sony use the LITE ON tab they make the sony drives

on the lower right corner of IMGburn screen there is a little icon that looks like a book click on it and you will see a number of drive manufacturers find your drive and click on it (if its there) then use the Change For setting and then new setting .If you could have posted a log all that info would have been there Drive, Os, etc etc if you happen to own a sony use the LITE ON tab they make the sony drives

My drive type is NEC. What options do I have?

Thanks

My drive type is NEC. What options do I have?

Thanks

Disregard my last post, I found the tab for NEC. Thanks eveyone for your help.

I have a couple of follow-up question.

1) Should I change the booktype when burning single layer disk?

2) If I use dual layer disk to archive computer data, should I change the booktype or leave it DVD+R DL?

3) Does anyone know of any reference articles about bitsetting/booktype?

Thanks again for all that has helped me on this forum.

There's no reason I can think of as to why you WOULD NOT do bitsetting.

So if the drive supports it for SL media, do it.

Personally, I see no point in doing it on DVD+RW, but then I guess it depends on how you use those sorts of discs.

DVD+R and DVD+R DL, fine, bitset away - and it doesn't matter *what* you're burning.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.