Additon to IBB files

dirio49

Can there be a option in the ibb file that i can place file were i want too.

Place files in different folder or maybe even a different folder that would not exist in the drive.

for example

currently

[START_BACKUP_LIST]C:\File1.exe
C:\File2.exe
C:\File3.exe
C:\File4.exe
C:\File5.exe
[END_BACKUP_LIST]

Suggestion

[START_BACKUP_LIST]
\testing\haha\=C:\File1.exe	 (\testing\haha\File1.exe would be the output in the dvd)
\testing5\haha\=C:\File2.exe
\testing\haha3\=C:\File3.exe
\testing\haha5\=C:\File4.exe
\testing\haha\=C:\File5.exe
[END_BACKUP_LIST]

thanks

Edited by dirio49

Sorry, no.

If it's not possible via the GUI (which it's not), it can't be done via an IBB.

It's just not how I intended ImgBurn to operate/be used.

If you need a virtual folder tree where you can create folders and move things about etc, you have to stick with tools like Nero.

Of course if I ever change my way of thinking (which is doubtful as the GUI basically doesn't allow for it! - size wise), this feature will of course be implemented anyway as the functionality will exist in the main GUI workings.

Thanks for the quick reply

what about

[START_BACKUP_LIST]
C:\File1.exe
[2];C:\haha\fahaha\File2.exe	This now is put in the output as \haha\fahaha\file2.exe
C:\haha\2\File3.exe
C:\hah3\File4.exe
C:\hheh\File5.exe
[END_BACKUP_LIST]

Edited by dirio49

lol it doesn't matter how you phrase it, it's still not possible at this time due to the inner workings. (and they won't change / be changed unless I redesign everything - which again probably wont happen due to GUI size limitations).

The IBB stuff doesn't open up new functionality, it just checks the checkboxes already found in the GUI, selects the right options in the drop down lists etc.

For the files, each line in the backup list within the IBB is added to the source box via an automated click of the 'add' button.

There's no clever stuff going on.

@LUK

I've seen some questions lately about exclusions from thousands of files/folders and thought that in this case, a "-" (exclude) in the IBB might be useful. What's your thoughts on this?

Regards

If it's not possible via the GUI (which it's not), it can't be done via an IBB.

Of course if I ever change my way of thinking (which is doubtful as the GUI basically doesn't allow for it! - size wise), this feature will of course be implemented anyway as the functionality will exist in the main GUI workings.

I have and Idea about adding this without changing the gui size.

You add all this functionality to the context menu

New folder, Rename

Delete,

Then in the main window you can just add

. ( stay in the same place, of refresh)
.. (go up a directory)
Black.exe
\home\black.exe	(when you double click it you go into it. and what ever you drog and drop while there they go into that direcotory)

Ok, this is the end of my Suggestions(for now :D).

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.