ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

What is new in ImgBurn over DVD Decrypter?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Gozer

Gozer

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:02 PM

Hi All.
I have two questions.
1.I am using DVD Decrypter-DVD Shrink-DVD Decrypter to burn Dvd's and have never had a problem.
What is better in ImgBurn over DVD Decrypter to burn the image to a disc?
2.I am upgrading my brothers PC and putting a NEC 3500AG burner into it.He has a AMD Athlon 850MHz-
384 MB RAM-Windows XP Pro SP1.Will it be able to burn Dvd's?

Thanks.

Gozer. <_<

#2 Grain

Grain

Last name? I'd rather not say, my brothers in politics.

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:33 PM

ImgBurn is being updated for new burners, media etc, the other is not, so it's your best bet for burning.

Your brothers computer will work for burning, it just won't be fast.

#3 polopony

polopony

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:28 AM

if you burn alot at one sitting the queing feature is excellent :thumbup:

#4 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:26 PM

I agree with polo - the queuing feature is excellent !

Posted Image

For the ImgBurn Drives & Media reviews click here. Having trouble burning your dual layer discs ? Then check this out ! Want to interpret your disc scans ? Click here to read Corny's guide

Check out www.nomorecoasters.com or www.videohelp.com for media dye review. Check out SVP Communications for great deals on blank disc media. . To update your drives firmware check out www.rpc1.org . For an easy to follow guide for firmware updates click here for Shamus' guide. . For a guide to burning Dual Layer Disks with PgcEdit click here for blutach's guide.

#5 Gozer

Gozer

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:15 PM

Thanks all for taking the time to reply to my question.
I'll give imgBurn a run later.Looks very familiar so there should be no problems
Thanks all again.
Gozer :D

#6 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:24 AM

If you have used DVDD in ISO write mode it will be very familiar - only its getting better with every release :)

Posted Image

For the ImgBurn Drives & Media reviews click here. Having trouble burning your dual layer discs ? Then check this out ! Want to interpret your disc scans ? Click here to read Corny's guide

Check out www.nomorecoasters.com or www.videohelp.com for media dye review. Check out SVP Communications for great deals on blank disc media. . To update your drives firmware check out www.rpc1.org . For an easy to follow guide for firmware updates click here for Shamus' guide. . For a guide to burning Dual Layer Disks with PgcEdit click here for blutach's guide.

#7 olddvd

olddvd

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:11 PM

I agree with polo - the queuing feature is excellent !

Queuing feature? Ok, where and how do I use this feature? I guess I am just over looking it.

#8 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,301 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:50 PM

It's not in v1.0.0.0 and the next one isn't out yet.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#9 dirio49

dirio49

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:16 AM

It's not in v1.0.0.0 and the next one isn't out yet.

:( :(
Birthdays are good. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest .

#10 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:06 AM

Patience fella's !!! :P

Posted Image

#11 zacoz

zacoz

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:41 AM

"Patience" - who's she ?
Cheers............ZacOz
Posted Image
Got a problem, then please post the log (Help --> ImgBurn Logs...). It's got lots of really important info in it - fancy that.
Please, Please, Please use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs - it'll save you heaps of problems.
Get the good oil on the media to buy - straight from The Man himself.
Yes we normally don't like reading instructions either, but the GUIDES are REALLY GOOD and have lots of helpful pictures if words frighten you.
And finally, just in case you've been living under a rock, we don't discuss pirated content, DVDDecrypter, or copying protected discs (whether legal in your country or not) - and we may respond sarcastically if you try it.

#12 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:09 PM

Don't know but blu's had her...... :P

Posted Image

#13 zacoz

zacoz

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:17 PM

Hope for his sake it was before he met Firey :wub:

And to pilfer a comment from his lordship:
(WooHoo - 100 totally unhelpful and useless posts!)

Edited by zacoz, 22 November 2005 - 02:20 PM.

Cheers............ZacOz
Posted Image
Got a problem, then please post the log (Help --> ImgBurn Logs...). It's got lots of really important info in it - fancy that.
Please, Please, Please use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs - it'll save you heaps of problems.
Yes we normally don't like reading instructions either, but the GUIDES are REALLY GOOD and have lots of helpful pictures if words frighten you.
And finally, just in case you've been living under a rock, we don't discuss pirated content, DVDDecrypter, or copying protected discs (whether legal in your country or not) - and we may respond sarcastically if you try it.

#14 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:24 AM

Congrats zacoz - you have a long way to go to get near my "uselessness" tho :P

Posted Image

#15 jack

jack

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:Red headed women! I have provided a picture in case you arent sure what I mean!!

Doctor Who, if only Billie Piper had red hair!

Cricket, if only Claire Connor had red hair!

Burning DVD's, If only Lightning_UK had red hair!!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:16 PM

Congrats zacoz - you have a long way to go to get near my "uselessness" tho :P

Dont even try Z, LFC's kind of useless is way out of reach of mere mortals!!
jack (Reassuringly clueless!!)
Little_Man-new.gifjdw2sp8.jpg -

tardiswu7.gifflytardisflybf8.gifmarthalz9.gif
"There is more to be done than can ever be done, more to see than can ever be seen......wait, that's the Lion king, but still!" -The 10th Dr.
"The best thing for trees is a bloody big axe! Works for stupidity too!!" - Me!
"Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way!!" -Me again!!
Well, Show me the way to the next whiskey bar
ats2506whiskyki8.gif

#16 blutach

blutach

Not quite as big a bastard as Shamus. Hoping to improve

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Interests:DVDs, Chess

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:18 AM

I'll second that.

Regards

#17 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 12:13 PM

Thanks guys........ :P

Posted Image

#18 zacoz

zacoz

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:58 PM

LFC, isn't it just great the amount of support you get around here.

It brings a tear to my eye...

while =))
Cheers............ZacOz
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users