Support for Disc Changers like the MF Digital Baxter

LuckMan212

I just bought one of these.....

http://www.mfdigital.com/baxter.html

I would like to use ImgBurn to burn a whole queue of 25 images unattended....... it seems like some software such as Riptastic has added support for this unit. How hard would it be to support this in ImgBurn?

They have some developer docs here...

http://www.mfdigital.com/downloads/DIRECTO...de_06_15_05.pdf

It didnt look like those Docs were too informative. I will write to the company to see if they have better API documentation. But I was just wondering your general thoughts LUK.

thanks!! :rolleyes:

well I dont want 25 copies of the same disc.. I want 1 copy each of 25 different images... the Baxter needs to be told to load a new blank etc it takes some custom commands. They have a DLL that goes with it for controlling this so the commands are probably pretty simple. I just dont know where to find the documentation :(

• 5 months later...
have you actually tried the que feature in IB with the drive ? if not, try a que of 2 or 3 discs

trust me this won't work. I tried it and got this error:

"Unable to lock volume for exclusive access. Reason : Access denied"

even without that error, imgburn doesn't have the necessary commands to control the robotic arm, hence the request

to officially support this and other devices like this in imgburn.

have you actually tried the que feature in IB with the drive ? if not, try a que of 2 or 3 discs

trust me this won't work. I tried it and got this error:

"Unable to lock volume for exclusive access. Reason : Access denied"

even without that error, imgburn doesn't have the necessary commands to control the robotic arm, hence the request

to officially support this and other devices like this in imgburn.

have you followed the ImgBurn FAQ about this error ? It's usually another running program that locks the drive

and if either of you with this device donate $700 ish to the author Lightning UK! I am sure he will take a look at it for you :)

I offered to buy LUK (I gave him a PM as well as an offer in another thread) a sony media changer but he never

got back to me on it. That unit is around 300-400 so if he won't take that, I doubt he would take a 700 dollar unit :(

As much as I'd like to help, I can't really expect you to buy me one.

Well when I PM'ed you and requested support for that sony media changer a while ago.

My offer still stands, LUK. I will litterally buy you or give you enough money to get a Sony VGP-XL1B media changer

if this means you will add support for it in IMGBURN. Supporting this device would be a

significant achievement so guys like me don't have to spend over $1000-$2000 dollars on

a pro DVD/CD duplicator.

that's my offer and my contribution to the IMGBURN community

Edited by eastbayarb

Having had a look on Google quickly, I think that model is import only.

Even then, it looks more like a player library than an automated burning device.

I guess you can just load blanks in all the slots and then burn from there?

I think the one with the robotic arm looks cooler!

Do you actually have one of them yet? Set me up with a remote desktop connection to a PC that it's connected to and I could probably get it working. :)

EDIT: lol there is one on ebay going cheap but it's $150 - $200 to send it to the UK! (Assuming 45 pounds in weight and using USPS)

Now thats what i call a genuine guy :thumbup:

LUK could have easily accepted the offer of a large amount of money to buy one of these devices, but no, he declined, and sought someone who already has one and a remote connection and would then try to make it work with IB form there.

Top man :thumbup:

Having had a look on Google quickly, I think that model is import only.

Even then, it looks more like a player library than an automated burning device.

I guess you can just load blanks in all the slots and then burn from there?

I think the one with the robotic arm looks cooler!

Do you actually have one of them yet? Set me up with a remote desktop connection to a PC that it's connected to and I could probably get it working. :)

EDIT: lol there is one on ebay going cheap but it's $150 - $200 to send it to the UK! (Assuming 45 pounds in weight and using USPS)

LUK, the Sony VGP-XL1B media changer is also a recorder and seems to be designed for XP Media center. There are discussions going on in other forums concerning getting this to work as a duplicator. The idea is to load blanks in one of the 200 slots and have imgburn load discs one after the other in sequence. I would personally finance getting the unit to you.

*edit* I didn't see the offer you had for remotely working with a unit. I don't have one as of now, but if it would help, then I will buy one in the next couple of weeks and set up my PC (with PC anywhere which I use already) for you to control it via IP or however you want.

Edited by eastbayarb

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.