Verbatim DVD+R DL Jewel case vs. Cakebox

mlg

Im planning to buy some DL disc and it seems like Ive either have to settle with paying some 30 SEK (3.25 EUR) for Jewel case dics or 26 SEK (2.82 EUR) for Cakebox discs. Any difference between those discs?

Or if anyone knows where I can get those discs cheaper, please tell me. :innocent:

And youp, the price also has to include shipping to sweden. <_<

Im planning to buy some DL disc and it seems like Ive either have to settle with paying some 30 SEK (3.25 EUR) for Jewel case dics or 26 SEK (2.82 EUR) for Cakebox discs. Any difference between those discs?

Or if anyone knows where I can get those discs cheaper, please tell me. :innocent:

And youp, the price also has to include shipping to sweden. <_<

I have been using both without any problems. They appear to be exactly the same. When I got my first spindle I checked the media code and it was the same as the media in the jewel cases. I haven't checked it since so I don't know if it has changed but, as I said before, I've had no problems.

Btw...make sure you buy the +DL and not the -DL discs.

Edited by Movie Junkie

Not sure if it's the same down under, but in Canada/USA there's two ways to tell if they're good Verbs. One involves buying them and opening the case. The other, believe it or not, it's true, is the font on the top of the spindle. If the Lock ----Open is a Times New Roman font, they are made by CMC, and are the best Verbs out there. The ones with an Ariel font are made by Prodisc, and are considerably poorer. With those expect a 5-10% failure rate, as well as about 10-15% less quality DIP rating. The other method is to check the stamped serial number right neat the hub, very small, the Prodisc will have a - or + in the middle, the CMC's will be one consecutive number, 16 characters I believe. There's a bit more info to be added re the serial number if you want, but that's the nitty. I guess I should write a Verb buyers guide...

Not sure if it's the same down under, but in Canada/USA there's two ways to tell if they're good Verbs. One involves buying them and opening the case. The other, believe it or not, it's true, is the font on the top of the spindle. If the Lock ----Open is a Times New Roman font, they are made by CMC, and are the best Verbs out there. The ones with an Ariel font are made by Prodisc, and are considerably poorer. With those expect a 5-10% failure rate, as well as about 10-15% less quality DIP rating. The other method is to check the stamped serial number right neat the hub, very small, the Prodisc will have a - or + in the middle, the CMC's will be one consecutive number, 16 characters I believe. There's a bit more info to be added re the serial number if you want, but that's the nitty. I guess I should write a Verb buyers guide...

I've just checked all of my cake boxes and they are all a Times New Roman font. True to what you said these discs are MCC (I'm sure you didn't mean CMC ewwww9dq.gif). I have no cake boxes that have an Ariel font.

I have no cake boxes that have an Ariel font.

I have a 25 and a couple 50 disc spindles with the Ariel font. That's how I found out. I bot some 8X +R's, and the first 8 discs in the spindle were duds! Bot a 25 pack spindle of 16 +R's, and they were scanning all just mid to low 80 percent, way lower than I was used to. All have the MCC dye, but their inner serial numbers all had the Prodisc markings. Sent them back to Verb on warranty, and they sent me more back :rolleyes: Stick to the TNR font and you'll have great discs.

Well Down Under (here at least) 50 spindle of Verb White Inkjet Printable +R's are made in Taiwan, come with Arial Font on top, "MCC-004-00" Disc ID, and the "+" in the stamped serial number. The other Verb's I get from time to time, 20/25 spindle, non-printable "MCC-003-00" +R's also have the "+" stamp in the serial but I don't have a cakebox handy to check on the font.

These give me the occassional bad burn at 8x (say 2-5% failure rate) but rarely a hassle at 6x. Did come across one disc towards end of last MCC-003-00 spindle where the dye got jagged towards the outer edge, normally nice and consistent right to the outer edge.

Seems from what you're saying they're both the Prodisc ones. Only 3 places in town to get Verb's (K-Mart, Big W, and WOW Sight & Sound) and don't recall seeing anything other than these two +R options - in spindles anyway.

Edited by zacoz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.