Verbatim DVD+R DL's Shipping deal

lfcrule1972

I have been struggling to get Verbatim DVD+R DL discs in England for a while as there appears to be a world shortage. lmao2k put me onto this chap on US ebay who has them very reasonably priced and so I ordered some yesterday.

With the exchange rate and postage and packing I am paying ?28ish for 20 discs which seems a good deal to me.

Anyway the chap who owns the shop is called Michael and his ebay shop can be found at :

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Netsoft-Media-Company

http://www.netsoftmedia.com/

He has also offered a $2 discount on the international shipping rates for ImgBurn people, you can get this discount by using the discount box during checkout at eBay to enter "imgburn.com discount" (something to that affect) in the notes section.

As the discs are already a very good price I think this is a good offer !! :) If you wish to use Paypal to pay for your discs you will need to contact him first to get his agreement.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Lfc, I keep checking with SVP but theyve had nothing for ages with nothing on the horizon either....

Will have a look at the link later....

Whats the likelyhood of getting stung by customs though, I used to order a lot of stuff from the states due to good price differences, but got stung occasionally by Her Majesty.

Dave.

Well If the goods are less than ?18 in value you wouldn't have any bother. Perhaps you could mail Michael and see if he agrees I only ordered 20 this time around and the value was under the ?18 threshold so mine won't interest customs :)

Never had a problem from the buying from the states. I usually do a test buy and if all goes well I go in for the kill. I won't be buying anymore for now, so thats leave plenty for everyone else :thumbup:

For those in the states, polo posted this a couple weeks ago

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=33871

Even without the $10 rebate newegg is still cheaper then this guy on e-bay.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16817130008

Not by much but... :thumbup:

I asked newegg about 2 years ago about shipping to UK and that i knew hundreds of people that would order from them if they set it up.

I was told then they are thinking about it.

2 years on i asked them again the other night, Got the reply they are thinking about it.

FFS how long does it take to think about something.

Well longer than 2 years obviously ! =))

Seriously this chap on e-bay can manage it without bother so why not big companies like newegg ?

Exactly :thumbup:

It wouldn't pay for me to live overseas, I spend too much time and money with newegg.

Just a quick update for any interested parties. I have today received my Verbatim DVD+R DL's from the US, they took 5 working days to arrive and they arrived safely and am burning to them now !! I would happily recommend this deal and this ebayer to anyone here in the forum !! :)

BENQ DVD LS DW1655 BCIB (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 4,173,824

Free Space: 8,547,991,552 bytes

Free Time: 927:32:74 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x

DVD?R DL Boundary Information:

L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,086,912

Changeable: Yes

Physical Format Information (ADIP):

Disc ID: MKM-001-00

Book Type: DVD+R DL

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,283,519

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.