buffers move wildiy

pex9

when i burn in imgburn start off good then both buffers go wild.then writing start to slow down to 1x-3x.when this happens log says waiting for buffers to recover and waiting for hard drive activity to reach thres hold level.what is wrong or what im i doing wrong

go into the device manager and see if the hard drive is in PIO mode it should be Ultra DMA also your burner should not be on the same channel as the harddrive and you should also be using an 80 wire ide ribbon

Start ,right click my computer ,properties ,hardware ,device manager . IDE/ATAPI controllers ,primary channel ,advanced settings and look to see what mode its in IF its in PIO right click on the primary channel and click uninstall,reboot and let windows set it to Ultra DMA mode ,you can do the same for the secondary

A screenshot might help us understand just exactly what it is that you're seeing.

If DMA isn't to blame and your cables are working correctly, it must either be major fragmentation on your hdd or either of the two drives are just playing up.

Check your CPU usage whilst burning, if it's high, it's DMA for sure.

heres is what im seeing.when i did the this test burn cpu useage low. i dont do any p2p programs.i think the drives are on different lines.a few day back i did see a box pop up saying disk fragment error but i thought it was the rw disc in the drive.if it is fragment hdd how would i fix this.what is drives playing up.

post-5663-1168638243_thumb.jpg

i used an usb dvdrw drive to burn a disc and only had the log say hard disk recovery six times.using internal dive maybe twelve times saying that.if i use a external hdd will it stop saying hard disk recovery.if i goto hdd properties tools and use error check tool will it find the fragmention on the drive and fix it.if i use it will i lose data onthe dive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.