Cannot reply to specific thread

dbminter

Receiving intermittent errors trying to reply here:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=3067&st=20

So, I tried a post to Test and a reply to it. Worked damn fine, naturally. So, I tried more tests in the thread. Got ONE time it accepted a test that it won't let me edit or reply to.

Maybe someone can tell me what a 403 Forbidden error on accessing /index.php means? Is it just a temporary database error and I should try again later? Or something else. Cleaning out the cache doesn't help.

It means the same thing it's always done (this is a long standing problem on this server).... you're posting some characters in a combination that's seen to be a potential security issue.

It's NOTHING at all to do with the forum or the forum software. It's low level apps kicking in and stopping you from (what could be) hacking the server.

Just go 'Back', amend your post and then submit it again.

I've not have one of those errors in Aaaaaaaaaaaaages now, you just have to watch that you're not doing things you wouldn't normally do with the English language.

It means the same thing it's always done (this is a long standing problem on this server).... you're posting some characters in a combination that's seen to be a potential security issue.

It's NOTHING at all to do with the forum or the forum software. It's low level apps kicking in and stopping you from (what could be) hacking the server.

Just go 'Back', amend your post and then submit it again.

I've not have one of those errors in Aaaaaaaaaaaaages now, you just have to watch that you're not doing things you wouldn't normally do with the English language.

I tried Back, Refresh, Add Reply, Fast Reply, etc. it always does the same thing.

I didn't use anything out of the ordinary, unless M_o_n_t_y__P_y_t_h_o_n__s_k_e_t_c_h. without the underscores, of course, is considered somehow a character combination that's a potential security issue. I tried it just with those 3 words and the period at one point and still got the error. And only on that post.

I need someone else to test this for me.

Please try to make a reply with the term "Monty Python" without the quotes BUT include the space and any of these letters after it: s, k, e, or t. My tests have returned 403 errors trying to post those 4 tests.

I need someone else to test this for me.

Please try to make a reply with the term "Monty Python" without the quotes BUT include a space after "Monty Python" and any of these letters after it: s, k, e, or t. My tests have returned 403 errors trying to post those 4 tests.

Hey, er, sorry I easily fly off the handle like this. :blush: But, I think you can understand my frustration. A string phrase like Python_ being flagged as a false positive security issue. I'm just trying to use a simple word from English that is not ending a sentence in my case :) and it causes me all this trouble. Little things like this that keep building unrelentingly for 23 years have just taken their toll on me.

It's ok db, it's the same for me. Bloody Pythons!! There always was something subversive about them!!!

Edited by jack

The pythоn sat on the mat!

Works for me... :whistling:

Actually, the o is a Russian o - the word python spelt normally (without any formatting) gives me the error too.

It seems like it's a security precaution as apache webservers can work with the Python programming language.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.