Newbie having issues

balex003

Hi everyone!!! I've got a bit of a problem and I'm hoping you all can help me out. Alright, I select the BIN file from my HD and then write the file like it says to in the guide :) . The disk burns correctly but when I go to play it on a DVD player, it gives me a bad disk or disk loading failure. I've tried it on two dvd players, so hopefully it's not both of the players. Oh yeah . . . I'm trying to make VCDs, not DVDS. I haven't upgraded to that wonderful piece of technology yet :'(

Is there something that I'm not doing right or am I just stupid?

Sorry - never tried to make a VCD, someone might be able to advise you from here tho.

Out of curiousity can I ask why you don't give DVD's a whirl ? A lot less hassle and the burners are quite cheap nowadays - approx ?30 here in England and probably cheaper in the US.....

silly question, but have you played VCD's on the 2 players before, and are you satisfied that the bin file contains VCD compliant structured files ? ie the 4 folders for vcd or is the bin just contain a video/audio file like an avi or an mpg

I have, and it worked before . . . and there are four folders: EXT, MPEGAV, SEGMENT, VCD. Maybe I'm just not meant to make VCDs :(

Before I got myself a DVD burner I burned a few VCDs (and SVCDs and XVCDs). They were all pretty hit-and-miss, and it was quite a frustrating experience. DVDs are much easier to deal with, and MPEG2 is much better quality than MPEG1 (which VCDs use).

It's not long now till xmas, so start reading up on DVD authoring/burning and you'll be all set for your very first burn on xmas day :santa::)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.