What is this

kirk1701™

Boy I'm hearing a lot a chatter about something new calls Vista, this can't be Microshits putting out a new operating system :whistling:

Surely they would name a new OS something a bit more uhhhh, "user friendly" :thumbup:

This Vista sounds good but also sounds like a mexican dish :thumbup:

Just wonder if its fattening, how many calories does it have :whistling:

I wonder what going to happen to my scanner :unsure:

Warning to all to steer clear of Umax Products.

I had to pay or should I say would had to pay *COUGH* for drivers for XP.

It uses VistaWare and now, won't even support Vista

http://www.umax.com/support/knowledge/sear...SRCHkeywords=XP

Yea, the scanner is six years old but hay, it does what I need and no reason to upgrade it till now.

Trust did the same when XP came out, webcam would not work and they said they were not updating driver support for it, but they did say they had a new cam out that was XP compatible, how nice of them to fleece their existing customers

and how nice of Umax to charge for drivers :angry:

Somethings should just be uhhhhhh free. :blink:

I,m sticking with XP for at least a year, whilst ms get a chance to fix the holes that users will find in Vista

I,m very happy with XP anyways.

Here Here :thumbup:

I'll Drink to that :beer:

M$ motto if we cant really fix the current OS then we'll release another and try to fix that .Can you believe that people waited on line from the night before to buy a copy ,talk about not having a life its pathetic :rolleyes:

M$ motto if we cant really fix the current OS then we'll release another and try to fix that .Can you believe that people waited on line from the night before to buy a copy ,talk about not having a life its pathetic :rolleyes:

Thank God my school has a TechNet subsciption =))

I have in installed on another hard drive but I still like XP Pro better :thumbup:

Vista :sleeping::whistling: I still can't get over that freakin' name.

Vista :sleeping::whistling: I still can't get over that freakin' name.

I think they got the name just right.........................................

microsoftvistaaq3.jpg

Hey, I just read from a recent program's update list that the Program Files folder in Vista is Write Only... WRITE ONLY?! HOW the HELL does that work?! How many programs can you think of store their configuration and data files in subfolders of the installation folder? :angry: I HOPE this can be disabled somehow, with some kind of security configuration. Otherwise, I can only see solving that by installing everything again is a folder you designate other than Program Files.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.