Burning multiple ISO files on to 1 DVD

joshdts

Great product by the way. I have looked through a lot of topics in the forum but havent found any that I think might pertain to my situation.

I am trying to burn multiple ISO files from different dvds to 1 new dvd. Space isnt an issue, most of the files are about 5-10 mins long.

I have successfully burned 1 ISO file, but I cant figure out how to do more than 1. I have created queues but it will only burn the first file, then when it moves to the next file in the queue, it overwrites the first file and so on and so on.

I am using IMGBURN 1.3 if that helps...it would be much appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks

Welcome to the forum josh.

Before you do anything else get the latest version of ImgBurn. Go here to download it.

Are these individual data files? If so, you could copy all of them to your hard drive and then use the Build Mode in ImgBurn to make one ISO from them. Then have ImgBurn write the ISO to your new disc.

Actually, I do have all the ISO files in one massive folder. So obviously I would have to break it down to multiple folders. Then how would I burn the entire folder? I havent come across anything that would allow me to do that. I am sure its there though. I dont have a lot of skills, so its a big learning curve for me.

Movie junkie, thanks for the tip on the new software, 2.1 is the most current I assume?

Thanks

Ok, go and get the latest version of winrar from www.rarsoft.com

It's v3.70 beta 3

Once installed, if you select all the ISO's and right click, you should have an 'extract each archive to seperate folder' option on the context menu.

Click that and each one will be extracted into a folder of the same name as the iso.

move the iso files out of the folder and burn that folder containing all the other folders.

get it?! :D

What LUK is telling you is that you need to extract the files from the ISO's and put the files in a folder or some folders (your choice). He's not saying to put the ISO's in separate folders. Then burn the files to your DVD. One way of extracting them would be to mount each ISO in a virtual drive. Then copy the files from each drive to your DVD. If you're not sure how to do this let us know.

If you like to burn that as ISo in a disk and not the files that are in the iso.

You can just use build mode and drag the iso into the window.

So you would have one disk that would contain may ISO inside.

Just drag them into build mode as if they were files.

post-92-1171236476_thumb.png

Edited by dirio49

Hey guys,

I really appreciate the responses and help. So I downloaded the winrar. When I tried to burn the new folder I created, IMG burn stated it was "invalid or unsupported image file format"

When I right click on the title in my already existing folder, the options that come up are:

add to archive----this is the one I selected

add to movie.rar

Compress and email

compress to movie.rar and email

extract files

extract here

extract to movie\

So I think I am getting closer, I think I may have just missed a step as I was able to add several titles to one new folder but that was invalid

Any ideas? thanks!

Ok, now I'm just confused!

You said you had losts of small ISO files.

I said you need to extract the data from all those ISO files into folders.

So you'd install WinRAR (ensure the 'ISO' box is ticked for file associations when you install it), then select your 'Image1.iso', 'Image2.iso', 'Image3.iso' etc in explorer and right click them.

You'll see an option called ''extract each archive to seperate folder'.

When WinRar has done its thing, you'll have some new folders - 'Image1', 'Image2', 'Image3' etc - all of which will contain whatever was in the ISO file.

Then you just drag + drop those folders into 'Build' mode within ImgBurn.

I have a similar question that maybe you guys can help me on. I have built 3 small .iso files that are off 3 seperate dvd's. I want to have one DVD+R DL movie with a menu to choose between the 3. Would I use the process you discribed above or what shall I do? How would the process above play in a DVD player? Thank you!!!

lightning-I think I finally got it! Like lfcrule said, I think I kept trying to put the files into one folder, instead of creating a seperate folder for each ISO file. Sorry if I wasnt getting but I just started this whole burning dvd thing a few days ago, a little bit behind on things. Maybe I should use the computer for more than just fantasy baseball.

Alas, its not that simple, one more problem(I hope!)

So I was able to get the multiple ISO folders to burn. However, I think it might not be burning as a DVD. When I put the dvd in the dvd-rom, a window pops up, "files currently on cd". Then when I put it in my dvd player, the dvd player could not read. I have burned single ISO files by themselves and played them on my DVD player, so its not the dvd player. Anyway, here is the log, I must have missed something....thanks again.

I 02:39:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 02:39:59 Found 1 DVD?RW!

I 02:41:48 Operation Started!

I 02:41:48 Building Image Tree...

I 02:41:50 Checking Directory Depth...

I 02:41:50 Calculating Totals...

I 02:41:50 Preparing Image...

I 02:41:50 Checking Path Length...

I 02:41:50 Image Size: 226,164,736 bytes

I 02:41:50 Image Sectors: 110,432

I 02:41:55 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:07

I 02:41:55 Operation Started!

I 02:41:56 Source File: -==/\/[bUILD IMAGE]\/\==-

I 02:41:56 Source File Sectors: 110,432 (MODE1/2048)

I 02:41:56 Source File Size: 226,164,736 bytes

I 02:41:56 Source File Volume Identifier: DVD

I 02:41:56 Source File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.1.0.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!

I 02:41:56 Source File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn

I 02:41:56 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 02:41:56 Destination Device: [0:1:0] TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653A D300 (D:) (ATAPI)

I 02:41:56 Destination Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: INFODISC-A10-01) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

I 02:41:56 Destination Media Sectors: 2,295,104

I 02:41:56 Write Mode: DVD

I 02:41:56 Write Type: DAO

I 02:41:56 Write Speed: MAX

I 02:41:56 Link Size: Auto

I 02:41:56 Test Mode: No

I 02:41:56 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 02:41:56 Filling Buffer...

I 02:41:57 Writing LeadIn...

I 02:41:58 Writing Image...

I 02:42:39 Synchronising Cache...

I 02:42:40 Closing Session...

I 02:42:41 Image MD5: 77c23dc5a4973a2e123f4f3b356ebc9d

I 02:42:41 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:45

I 02:42:41 Average Write Rate: 5,521 KB/s (4.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,566 KB/s (4.0x)

I 02:42:41 Cycling Tray before Verify...

W 02:42:48 Waiting for device to become ready...

I 02:43:02 Device Ready!

I 02:43:02 Operation Started!

I 02:43:02 Source Device: [0:1:0] TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653A D300 (D:) (ATAPI)

I 02:43:02 Source Media Type: DVD+RW (Book Type: DVD+RW) (Disc ID: INFODISC-A10-01) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

I 02:43:02 Image File: -==/\/[bUILD IMAGE]\/\==-

I 02:43:02 Image File Sectors: 110,432 (MODE1/2048)

I 02:43:02 Image File Size: 226,164,736 bytes

I 02:43:02 Image File Volume Identifier: DVD

I 02:43:02 Image File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.1.0.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!

I 02:43:02 Image File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn

I 02:43:02 Image File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 02:43:02 Verifying Sectors...

I 02:43:49 Device MD5: 77c23dc5a4973a2e123f4f3b356ebc9d

I 02:43:49 Image MD5: 77c23dc5a4973a2e123f4f3b356ebc9d

I 02:43:50 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:47

I 02:43:50 Average Verify Rate: 4,699 KB/s (3.4x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 5,277 KB/s (3.8x)

Edited by joshdts

uggh, Im such a tard. OK, so I got it to work using a vos file or whatever that thing is. After reading the guides and trial and error. So the problem of the dvd player not reading the dvd is eliminated.

So the only problem is that it will only burn the first title that I have in the build mode. I put both titles in the build section the same way, then click write and it burns the first one. Here is the log: In the image information it says I have 10 files and 3 folders if that matters at all. Thanks!

I 16:35:43 Source Device: [0:1:0] TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653A D300 (D:) (ATAPI)

I 16:35:43 Source Media Type: DVD+RW (Book Type: DVD+RW) (Disc ID: INFODISC-A10-01) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

I 16:35:43 Image File: -==/\/[bUILD IMAGE]\/\==-

I 16:35:43 Image File Sectors: 109,376 (MODE1/2048)

I 16:35:43 Image File Size: 224,002,048 bytes

I 16:35:43 Image File Volume Identifier: t21

I 16:35:43 Image File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.1.0.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!

I 16:35:43 Image File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn

I 16:35:43 Image File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 16:35:43 Verifying Sectors...

I 16:36:29 Device MD5: ce66f13274ad567f81a953b0002f9044

I 16:36:29 Image MD5: ce66f13274ad567f81a953b0002f9044

I 16:36:29 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:46

I 16:36:29 Average Verify Rate: 4,755 KB/s (3.4x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 5,251 KB/s (3.8x)

• 11 years later...
On 2/11/2007 at 6:20 PM, dirio49 said:

If you like to burn that as ISo in a disk and not the files that are in the iso.

You can just use build mode and drag the iso into the window.

So you would have one disk that would contain may ISO inside.

Just drag them into build mode as if they were files.

post-92-1171236476_thumb.png

I have 3 language courses on my PC for a total of  10 iso files which I want to burn to one DVD. I did drag all of them into in the build mode screen, as you suggested, but the language program installed on my PC picks up and installs only ONE of the  10 files, which means that only ISO was duly burned . The Language program on my PC doesn't see the other languages and and levels , each one corresponding to the  ISO files  ( 10) dragged into the build screen. 

What am I missing?

Thanks

Ittiandro

Check the disc you burned in Windows/File Explorer.  If all 10 ISO files are on that disc, then, ImgBurn burned the contents correctly.  Whatever reason why your Language program won't find the other ISO files would be down to the Language program or Windows. 

Whatever you mean by Language program, though, I don't know.

44 minutes ago, dbminter said:

Check the disc you burned in Windows/File Explorer.  If all 10 ISO files are on that disc, then, ImgBurn burned the contents correctly.  Whatever reason why your Language program won't find the other ISO files would be down to the Language program or Windows. 

Whatever you mean by Language program, though, I don't know.

I see the problem.  The 10 iso files were for about  3 GB,  but there are only 400 MB  burned on the disc. So something went awry . May be I did something wrong.

Thanks for your help

Ittiandro

No problem. 

When you create the new ISO in Build mode with all 10 ISO's on it, when you go into Write mode to burn this new ISO, check the size of the image being burnt.  It should be displayed in the upper left hand corner under Size.  If it says it's anything other than 3 GB, which you said should be the approximate target size, then something went wrong again.  You can check this size to make sure the ISO is being built correctly.

1 hour ago, dbminter said:

No problem. 

When you create the new ISO in Build mode with all 10 ISO's on it, when you go into Write mode to burn this new ISO, check the size of the image being burnt.  It should be displayed in the upper left hand corner under Size.  If it says it's anything other than 3 GB, which you said should be the approximate target size, then something went wrong again.  You can check this size to make sure the ISO is being built correctly.

I redid it. Yes, the size of the ISO   files being burned in  the build mode is exactly the same as the one of the files I dragged into the IMG build  screen from  the PC.

I even saw  all the ISO files and the different languages being( apparently)  burned. HOWEVER this time something new came up and I am back to square 1: the files " burned" on the DVD  are still ISO  files and they are exactly the same as the ones on the source folder to be burned from.  It looks like IMG Burn copied the ISO files to disc instead of burning them.  Any clues?

I notice that the  1st  partial burn  I had written to you about had a different layout on the disc, but at least it worked, however incomplete: on the DVD there were no longer ISO files but   four folders:  Data, LANGUAGE and another  2  folders. The Language Application on my PC was able to see them and install the course correctly.

This time, unlike before,   the application language program  can't install them because there are still 10 seemingly unburned  ISO files on the DVD.  Why ?

Thanks 

Ittiandro

Edited by Ittiandro

Before you do anything else, restart the PC.  In case something got messed up somewhere.  Windows could be returning incorrect contents from the disc.  Check the disc again and see if it still only has 4 folders and no ISO files.  If it's still bad, recreate the ISO but make sure of certain things.

Are you sure you're burning the right ISO and not an old file that didn't burn correctly before?  Before you had a CD sized ISO.  Then you made a 3 GB ISO.  Especially if you have split image file sizes, the file names may not necessarily be the same anymore.  Before you burn the ISO in ImgBurn, make sure it's 3 GB on the source disc with Windows/File Explorer.  Then make sure you're burning the right ISO.  Make sure the Size in Write mode when you load the ISO says it's 3 GB.

If you're still getting incorrect contents on the burned disc, explore the ISO file with Windows/File Explorer.  Make sure it actually has the 3 GB of ISO contents it's supposed to have.  IF you have a correct ISO and are STILL getting incorrect burns, you've got more of a serious problem going on.  A drive would have a really hard time writing phantom data to a disc that is actually readable and not just an unreadable mess of a disc.

1 hour ago, dbminter said:

Before you do anything else, restart the PC.  In case something got messed up somewhere.  Windows could be returning incorrect contents from the disc.  Check the disc again and see if it still only has 4 folders and no ISO files.  If it's still bad, recreate the ISO but make sure of certain things.

Are you sure you're burning the right ISO and not an old file that didn't burn correctly before?  Before you had a CD sized ISO.  Then you made a 3 GB ISO.  Especially if you have split image file sizes, the file names may not necessarily be the same anymore.  Before you burn the ISO in ImgBurn, make sure it's 3 GB on the source disc with Windows/File Explorer.  Then make sure you're burning the right ISO.  Make sure the Size in Write mode when you load the ISO says it's 3 GB.

If you're still getting incorrect contents on the burned disc, explore the ISO file with Windows/File Explorer.  Make sure it actually has the 3 GB of ISO contents it's supposed to have.  IF you have a correct ISO and are STILL getting incorrect burns, you've got more of a serious problem going on.  A drive would have a really hard time writing phantom data to a disc that is actually readable and not just an unreadable mess of a disc.

Thanks

1 . I did restart the PC. The DVD still shows the ten ISO files. Besides, I checked the Properties for each file and they are ALL   ISO. 

2. I have no reasons to believe that the ISO files I was trying to burn in Build mode  were old or perhaps incorrect ISO's because   the 1st ISO file  done by IMG Burn was burned correctly  and the other ISO's   were part of the same batch.

3. The 3 GB ISO I made in Build mode was comprised of the ten ISO files, but I did not see one cumulative ISO file for 3 GB. This size ( 3GB ) shows only on the Build screen.   

4. You  tell me to make sure that  when I load the ISO in Write mode the size is 3 GB.  Well,  in the operation I only selected  the Build mode and I  pressed the Build button . I never selected Write mode after.  Should I have? May be this is the problem. 

5. In the last paragraph of your reply  you  tell me to explore the ISO file on the ( supposedly burned disc. You speak of  ISO file at the singular. Well ,there isn't ONE comprehensive  3 GB ISO file on the disc. There are ten of them, for a total of approx 3 GB. 

6.Since the  ten ISO  files are for three languages  and each language has 3 or 4 levels,  there may be several .  1 or  2 or 3 levels corresponding to different languages.Is it possible that the computer gets confused when it sees more than one    file with the same level?  

Thanks again

Ittiandro

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.