Burning multiple ISO files on to 1 DVD

joshdts

It's 1 iso per disc, that's just the way it works.

If you want to burn the contents of 10 iso image onto one disc, do so by extracting the contents of each ISO (either by using something like 7zip or by mounting in a virtual drive and doing copy+paste) to a folder and combine them yourself. Then burn the 'large' folder.

I'm not sure what you've done.  When you're in Build mode, everything you add to the Build mode and press the Build button gets added to an ISO file for burning.  Even if you add ISO files to Build mode, those ISO's get added to a new ISO.  Then, you go into Write mode to burn this new ISO you created in Build mode.  If you never went into Write mode, how could you have made a disc in ImgBurn where the contents aren't right?  Maybe if you used the Write files/folders to disc mode from the main menu.

45 minutes ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

It's 1 iso per disc, that's just the way it works.

If you want to burn the contents of 10 iso image onto one disc, do so by extracting the contents of each ISO (either by using something like 7zip or by mounting in a virtual drive and doing copy+paste) to a folder and combine them yourself. Then burn the 'large' folder.

I was under the impression he's trying to add all 10 ISO image files to one disc as ISO files on the disc.  Not that he was trying to put all 10 ISO contents on the disc.

I haven't tested this as I would have to create several small .ISOs to test this.

This is what I believe you need to do.

Using Build mode build a single .ISO to your Hard drive using the 10 .ISOs.

Then Write that .ISO to a disc using Write mode.

It is my opinion that this disc will have only the 10 .iso files on it.

You will have them on a disc but you would need to mount them individually in a virtual drive to view them.

Or maybe the same with 7zip as LIGHTNING UK!  posted.

If they're standard ISO's, I'd just open them in Windows/File Explorer if your version of Windows supports navigating ISO's.  Then, while open, you can just copy and paste the contents to 10 other folders.

However, I think we need to see what the OP wants to do.  Either copy all 10 ISO files to one DVD or copy the contents of all 10 ISO's to one DVD.

I played around with doing this by creating 5 .iso files with ImgBurn.

In each .iso was two .wav files.

When I tried in Write mode by selecting all five .iso files only the first .iso file was burned.

It does show the .wav files when opened.

I also tried creating a .cue file from the 5 .iso files.

ImgBurn created the .cue with no problem but the result when using Write mode was the same.

Using Build mode the result is five .iso files on the disc.

I also created a single .iso file from the five.

When I used Write mode for that I also got five .iso files on the disc.

So what LIGHTNING UK!  suggested to "copy & paste" the contents of the .iso files to a large folder & Build that to a disc is what will work..

Or to an .iso on the hard drive first then Write that .iso to disc.

The OP could create a separate folder from each .iso file & put those in a large folder.

Opt to keep the folders when ImgBurn asks.

Then maybe there would be separate directories.

Or if the files are OK in one directory do it that way.

Edited by cholla

5 hours ago, dbminter said:

I'm not sure what you've done.  When you're in Build mode, everything you add to the Build mode and press the Build button gets added to an ISO file for burning.  Even if you add ISO files to Build mode, those ISO's get added to a new ISO.  Then, you go into Write mode to burn this new ISO you created in Build mode.  If you never went into Write mode, how could you have made a disc in ImgBurn where the contents aren't right?  Maybe if you used the Write files/folders to disc mode from the main menu.

1.     I processed the ISO files on Build mode using as a destination a folder on my PC. Here I got ONE ISO file for 3 GB’s.

It looked good, because it is exactly what you said and I then tried to Burn this to Disc in WRITE mode. Unfortunately, I still got the same ten ISO files on the DVD.

2.     I tried extracting  the  ISO files ( on the PC ) with 7-zip, as you suggested. This time, after extracting, I got 4 folders for each language ( Data, Documentation,Languages, Speech).

It looked good. Since these folders are the same appearing on the DVD after each burning of the ISO, Ithought I wouldn’t need to burn them and I just copied them to disc. To no avail. The Language program doesn’t see them  and  therefore it cannot install the languages.  

3   If I can’t get this working, I have no choice but burning each of the  10 ISO files on separate DVD’s and  then may be I can copy them back  to the PC in one folder, hoping that the language program can install them from the PC.  

Thanks

Ittiandro

It looks like this Language program you are talking about is looking for specific content in the root directory of a disc in order to load its contents.  Unless you can tell this Language program to load from a specific folder, you will probably need to burn 10 different discs.  If this Language program only loads from discs and it's looking for what to load in the root directory, you probably can't copy the 10 ISO contents into the root directory of 1 disc unless there are different folder/file names.  Some files might work by not copying over them, e.g. if the contents are contained in different named folders and the Language program uses the same root directory contents for each disc.  Without having the contents to look at, without knowing what this Language program is, without knowing how it works, I can't say what will work for you.  You'd just have to try different configurations and see if they work, which, if you're going to do that, use rewritable discs.  However, you do know 10 separate discs should definitely work.

Now, one thing you could try doing is copying all 10 ISO's to 1 disc and when you access contents from 1 ISO, you mount the ISO as a virtual drive from the disc.  If this Language program is looking for specific contents in the root directory of an optical drive, this virtual drive approach might work.  You'll need some virtual drive software to try this out, though.  Something like Virtual CloneDrive, Alcohol, or Daemon Tools.  If you're going to do this, I'd test to make sure an ISO from your hard drive for one of these discs when mounted in a virtual drive works for your Language program.  Whatever this Language program is, it may only work for physical drives and not virtual ones.  Although I would think you could point the Language program to a virtual drive, but without knowing how it works, it may be crippled to just physical drives.

Edited by dbminter
Added virtual drive suggestion.

53 minutes ago, dbminter said:

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what the OP originally wanted.  I got the impression they wanted 10 ISO's burned to the target disc, but the disc that was burned only had 4 folders and 1 ISO file on it.

I see your post only now and I had already sent  the description and the results of my trial a few minutes before.  . May be they crossed in the mail. Anyway, I'll try to explain what I want to do.

I wouldn' t have any problem if I burned each of the ten ISO files separately  in as many DVD, but it would be a waste of time and material. So I was hoping to be able to   burn all the ten ISO's to one disc.  The number of ISO files is ten because each of the three languages has 3 or 4 levels, each one being an ISO file. To cut down on the number of DVD's  it would help if IMG Burn allowed  to  burn folders instead of single files. Is this possible?

I hope this helps you in..helping me

Thanks

Ittiandro 

Yes, I now see you wanted to copy all 10 ISO contents to the root directory of one disc.  The 4 folders you were getting were the same four folders found in each ISO.  Because the same four folders probably exist in each ISO, copying the contents to 1 disc probably won't work.  But, with that being the case, the virtual drive suggestion I added may be what you need, if that works.  If it does work, you can copy all 10 ISO's as 10 separate ISO files to 1 DVD.  Then, you can mount each ISO as a virtual drive as you need it from the DVD.  Or, copy the ISO's from the DVD to a folder on your hard drive.  That way, you'll have all 10 ISO's on 1 DVD to access whenever you need them by copying them to your HDD.  The image files will mount and read faster when running from the HDD than from the DVD.

On 11/3/2018 at 5:26 PM, dbminter said:

Yes, I now see you wanted to copy all 10 ISO contents to the root directory of one disc.  The 4 folders you were getting were the same four folders found in each ISO.  Because the same four folders probably exist in each ISO, copying the contents to 1 disc probably won't work.  But, with that being the case, the virtual drive suggestion I added may be what you need, if that works.  If it does work, you can copy all 10 ISO's as 10 separate ISO files to 1 DVD.  Then, you can mount each ISO as a virtual drive as you need it from the DVD.  Or, copy the ISO's from the DVD to a folder on your hard drive.  That way, you'll have all 10 ISO's on 1 DVD to access whenever you need them by copying them to your HDD.  The image files will mount and read faster when running from the HDD than from the DVD.

I took the bull by the horns and burned the individual  ISO files. The operation was successful. In the end, I didn't have to use ten DVD's, because once the language apps are  installed on the PC from the disc, I don't need the  disc any more.  I can erase it and use it again for  installing the next level.

I still don't understand, though, why I  could  write-burn the individual ISO files, but not the cumulative ISO after using the  build mode.  

I thank you so much for your help

Ittiandro

Probably because the root directory contents of all 10 ISO's contain the same contents except for the actual stuff being installed.  However, it's most likely in the same place, but with different contents, on each disc.  The program looks for the contents in the same place on each disc but each disc has different contents.  So, you probably can't just copy over the contents and expect it to work.  It would be like taking 2 Windows 10 install ISO's and trying to put their contents onto one Blu-Ray disc and expect the installers to work for both versions of Windows 10.  It just can't be done.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.