ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

ImgBurn v2.2.0.0 Released!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#41 jack

jack

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:Red headed women! I have provided a picture in case you arent sure what I mean!!

Doctor Who, if only Billie Piper had red hair!

Cricket, if only Claire Connor had red hair!

Burning DVD's, If only Lightning_UK had red hair!!

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:01 PM

Great stuff LUK! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Take a simpleton like me a month to go through the changelog working out what everything does!! :D
jack (Reassuringly clueless!!)
Little_Man-new.gifjdw2sp8.jpg -

tardiswu7.gifflytardisflybf8.gifmarthalz9.gif
"There is more to be done than can ever be done, more to see than can ever be seen......wait, that's the Lion king, but still!" -The 10th Dr.
"The best thing for trees is a bloody big axe! Works for stupidity too!!" - Me!
"Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way!!" -Me again!!
Well, Show me the way to the next whiskey bar
ats2506whiskyki8.gif

#42 Demetris

Demetris

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

Thanks, LUK, for Unicode support. :thumbsup:

And thanks to all beta testers for helping to improve ImgBurn.

Great work!

#43 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,214 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:51 PM

I hope it works ok Demetris... It's a little difficult for me to test that feature properly.

Please do let me know if it doesn't :)
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#44 Groundrush

Groundrush

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

Dammit, i knew i shouldn't have gone away. I always miss the release of updates.... :( anyway I'm back.

Cheers boss... :thumbup:
Posted Image
BLUE SKIES...SOFT LANDINGS

" 2Nm East North East of EGLF under UN615 with UN866 5Nm to the North North East "

#45 Jim44

Jim44

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:44 PM

Another bandwagon-jumping "thank you!" post :)

Great job LUK! and the Beta testers.

Jim

#46 Demetris

Demetris

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:32 PM

I hope it works ok Demetris... It's a little difficult for me to test that feature properly.

Please do let me know if it doesn't :)

I made some dummy files mixing characters from various alphabets for the filenames, so that the filenames would need Unicode in any locale.

I also burned some folders and files with names in Greek and ASCII.

Both sets of tests went fine. I have some stuff waiting to be backed up, so I?ll let you know if I see anything strange. :)

Thanks again!

PS. A nice addition, if it?s easy to do, would be an optional context-menu item for folders, to send the selected folder(s) to ImgBurn in Build mode. But I think this is for another section of the forum. :)

Edited by Demetris, 14 February 2007 - 08:35 PM.

#47 sleepyenglish

sleepyenglish

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:05 PM

Big thanks to LIGHTNING UK! and all beta testers, another great release. Can also say i love the huge detailed change logs you post, how you remember to keep track of everything little thing you change i don't know.

#48 wild77

wild77

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

Thanks for the new release, everything is good on my XP machine, but the new version seems to be broken when running on Wine and Linux. I can not get Build Mode to work. Here is a screen shot of the error

http://www.geocities.com/wildchild776977/imgerr1.png

The previous version had no problems

http://www.geocities.com/wildchild776977/imgbrn22.png

I am going to keep working on the Linux set-up and see if I can get it working again.

#49 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,214 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:41 PM

Hmm well all that's changed wild77 is that the box was made to be Unicode enabled via the TntUnicode components.

It must not be able to parse the text properly under wine / linux or something.

I'd have to install linux and make a million debug message boxes pop up to try and figure out exactly what's causing it and find a way to fix it - and I haven't a clue about linux!

What's an easy way for me to be able to reproduce it?

btw, could u try not forcing the OS to emulate NT4 and instead uncheck the 'use cdrom class' option in the settings on the I/O tab.

NT4 has a few other limitations that you probably don't want but are forcing upon yourself by making ImgBurn think that's what's running.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#50 volvofl10

volvofl10

LIVE from Italia...ciao bella, Forza Ferrari

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:09 AM

Dammit, i knew i shouldn't have gone away. I always miss the release of updates....

@Groundrush
could you send LUK a list of all dates you will be away this year, as he's fed up of guessing when so he can release the next version LOL
Groundrush is ALWAYS away when a new version coms out

@ LIGHTNING_UK

another nice release, thank you

EDITTED after Cornholio politely took the piss out of my genuine mistake :busted:
Dont be a cheapskate and buy poor quality media ,

FOR Dual layer discs use genuine Verbatims and nothing else , read this thread by LUK to see why Verbatim Dual layer DV9 thread

FOR Single layer DV5 use genuine Taiyo Yuden media everytime , ONLY TY's and not some other brand with TY dye/ink

DONT ask how to copy protected discs
DONT ask who LIGHTNING_UK is .......we only know him as .................."The Stig"

#51 cornholio7

cornholio7

ISF Holio

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:Canon dslr's, computers

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:35 AM

nice review of the blue ray drive too :)

#52 linx05

linx05

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:55 AM

I've just done a burn with ImgBurn. Still great! Which is why I am donating some of my birthday money to you. Better it go to a great program than to alcohol and the like ;)

Transferring the money to PayPal now :). It will take a couple of days for it to go through.

Edited by linx05, 15 February 2007 - 07:55 AM.

#53 wild77

wild77

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:06 AM

Hmm well all that's changed wild77 is that the box was made to be Unicode enabled via the TntUnicode components.

It must not be able to parse the text properly under wine / linux or something.

Is this enabled only on the destination box? I am still able to browse for a folder in the source box with no issues. It is only when selecting the destination folder that there is a problem, only the first letter shows up but the full filename will appear in the drop down.

btw, could u try not forcing the OS to emulate NT4 and instead uncheck the 'use cdrom class' option in the settings on the I/O tab.

I usually have it set to Windows 2000 as you had suggested in another thread, I was trying some different settings to see if there was any difference.

I don't want to hijack this thread so I will start a new one in the support forum, also the ISO read and write functions still seem ok.Build Mode is also working now. Here is the new thread

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=38804

Edited by wild77, 15 February 2007 - 04:47 PM.

#54 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,214 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:41 AM

Good idea, I was going to suggest making a proper thread :)

#55 blutach

blutach

Not quite as big a bastard as Shamus. Hoping to improve

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Interests:DVDs, Chess

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:15 AM

I've just done a burn with ImgBurn. Still great! Which is why I am donating some of my birthday money to you. Better it go to a great program than to alcohol and the like ;)

Transferring the money to PayPal now :). It will take a couple of days for it to go through.

Wish I got birthday money. :(

Regards

#56 SPA_CE

SPA_CE

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:31 AM

:w00t: ImgBurn 2.2.0.0... So many new settings and features... It kinda reminds me of it's older brother... :'(

#57 A_T

A_T

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:01 PM

Brilliant new release. I like everything about it. I'm sure like many others that by using ImgBurn I've learned a lot about burning-related matters and indeed computers in general. Thanks so much LUK! - your contribution to free software has been immeasurable.

Edited by A_T, 17 February 2007 - 03:02 PM.

#58 Altercuno

Altercuno

posts utterbollox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:47 PM

Thanks so much LUK! - your contribution to free software has been immeasurable.

I'd like to second that - if not for LUK a lot of sites and forums simply wouldn't exist. Well done...
The 7 dwarfs are all in bed feeling happy...then happy got out and they all felt grumpy.

#59 dontasciime

dontasciime

Mood : Forgetfu

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:37 PM

you get your latest ava from camel toe's 'R' Us

#60 Altercuno

Altercuno

posts utterbollox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:51 PM

you get your latest ava from camel toe's 'R' Us

=))

1st time I've heard it called that. I usually think of it as most places customer services...
The 7 dwarfs are all in bed feeling happy...then happy got out and they all felt grumpy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users