Burn two disc at once

JimmyJoeBob

Hello all! First post but past lurker. As the topic states, can you burn 2 disc from one instance of ImgBurn at a time. I have tried using 2 instances of ImgBurn at the same time but had great flucuations in the buffer resulting in waiting for it to recover to continue and produced longer burning times. I searched but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Thanks LUK for a fantastic product.

Edited by JimmyJoeBob

JJB, not at the same time, two instances running may work okay on a very fast computer with oogles of memory but just use the queue mode and load up the images, if you have 2 burners you can set each image up to burn one after the other using different speeds etc....

Thanks kevdriver, the machine I use is a P4 3Ghz with 2GB PC3200 Ram and 2 Pioneer 111 drives and 2 250GB SATA drives. I was looking for something similar to what Nero does. So if I add them to queue I can burn the first then the other or burn both using different speeds on each drive. So if I use TY GO3 16x, one burner @ 8X then the other burner @12X at the same time it will be close to a duel burn.

yes, as long as you only use 1 instance of ImgBurn and use the queue feature...

to burn to 2 drives at the same time using 2 instances of imgBurn will probably cause a massive I/O error resulting in 2 screwed discs

I have used 2 instances of imgburn many times resulting a total burning time of less than than 2 seperate burns but longer than 1 with massive buffer flucations but all disc have played and have been checked with CDSpeed for errors and transfer rates. I was just looking for a 2@once trick.

Thanks

JJB, It could very well work for you but with buffer fluctuations you will get a bad burn.......... as Volvo said just use the one instance of Img and use the queue feature to alternate burns between drives. This way your assured of a good quality burn everytime. Don't forget to use Verbs. :)

• 6 months later...
JJB, It could very well work for you but with buffer fluctuations you will get a bad burn.......... as Volvo said just use the one instance of Img and use the queue feature to alternate burns between drives. This way your assured of a good quality burn everytime. Don't forget to use Verbs. :)

I've been using IMGBurn to burn two discs at the same time running two occurrences of the software. I was wondering how do I access the queue mode in the software to load up and batch burn multiple images to a single drive one after another?

I was wondering how do I access the queue mode in the software to load up and batch burn multiple images to a single drive one after another?

View/Queue, hit CTRL+ALT+Q or click the Queue button (the one which has a blue plus symbol) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, this is my first post and my first question about this wonderful program :)

I apologize for my poor english, but my mother tongue is spanish.

Yesterday I bought another DVDRW drive (now I have 2) and been wondering how, if I have an ISO image, burn it in the two drives AT THE SAME TIME..............I want to make two copies of the same ISO image and I dont want to do 1 first and the 2nd. later.....now I have two drives and I want to speed up the process :D

Thanks anyway to everybody an to LUK for your time and effort and for your beautiful program.

Alx

it can be done with imgburn opened twice, as long as your burners are on separate cables and the image is on separate hard discs, i would rather just queue them up and burn one at a time , one to each burner

Thanks for your quick reply cornholio7 :) but I wonder what´s the point about having 2 dvd burners if you could only use one at the time?.....and in my case, do i have to copy the same ISO image to another HDD just to make 2 copies of it at the same time? this is not fun.....:(

I thought it would be posible just use the same ISO image, and tick an option like in Nero "use multiple recorders" and choose both recorders.

alx

but I wonder what´s the point about having 2 dvd burners if you could only use one at the time?

i have 4 burners in my pc, i still only use them one at a time , using the queue, thats my preference :)

I still don´t get it........in the past I used to burn audio or data cd´s using 4 cdburners at the same time from the same image/mp3´s.......are you telling me that it´s not possible with dvd´s?

alx

do a simple test, start 2 instances of imgburn burning from the same iso on the same hard drive, burn at 8X, now look how long it takes

use the que function and repeat the same 2 burns, compare times

if you want to burn 2 disks at once with nero or imgburn from the same iso, you'd be better off with raid striped drives that can sort of keep up with having to read the same file twice off of the same partition/drive

8x might only be 11MB/s but seek rates kill the transfer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.