Oh no!!

Shamus_McFartfinger

Anyone seen this?

http://wesleytech.com/verbatim-outsources-...on-to-india/38/

Wesley Novack on 13 Jan 2007 12:51 pm

An industry insider has informed me that Verbatim has started to outsource their Double Layer DVD production to Moser Baer India (MBI). And while a relationship between Verbatim and MBI is nothing new, it is new that Verbatim has decided to finally start outsourcing their difficult-to-manufacturer DVD double layer discs. When double layer recordable discs were first released, there were rumors that indicated Verbatim ran into quality issues when attempting to outsource the production of their premium optical disc product.

The first shipments are expected to leave MBI around the end of January, so depending on your market, you might start to see ?Made In India? Verbatim double layer discs near the end of February or beyond. Verbatim will continue to produce double layer discs at its? premiere production facility in Singapore for now and consumers should expect to see a mixed double layer product on shelf, some from India and some from Singapore.

The good news for consumers is that the retail pricing of Verbatim double layer discs should decrease once the newly sourced product hits the market. As the price of good quality double layer media continues to drop, the format should grow more and more popular with consumers. Low priced double layer media could mean more trouble for the expensive blue laser disc formats HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc. Additional information suggests that some retail shops got discounts early due to a miscalculation of when the ?new? product would be arriving initially.

What the hell do we use now?

<conspiracy mode on>

I think the MPAA is influencing vendors to outsource the manufacture of blank media to third world countries so they can make shit. If the media is unusable, logic dictates that piracy will drop. EzyVCD here I come.

<conspiracy mode off>

the made in india will probably be sent to europe and the original plant's production sent stateside if my guess is right

we hardly ever see mbi made verbatim sl in the states

Looks like I'd better get my finger out and get US consulate to issue my visa quicker so i can move. :D

the made in india will probably be sent to europe and the original plant's production sent stateside if my guess is right

Looks like I'd better get my finger out and get US consulate to issue my visa quicker so i can move. :D

catch a flight HALO if you have to even hop and pop buy as many discs as you can turn yourself in to Immigration and they will deport you next flight free of charge ,could work :lol:

I don't think I've ever seen any. Other then having "Made in India" on the label is there any other way to tell?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.