Humble requests that would allow me to toss almost every other burning app.

MLS

1. Read/Build to bin/cue for CDs.

2. Write from cue+bin/wav .

3. Profile support for certain setting groups, perhaps a dropdown at the bottom of the log window? I'm no UI expert but that sounds good to me.

Otherwise I must say this application sure has come a long way. I tried it back in 1.x or something but couldn't justify using it over DVD Decrypter (wasn't doing DL stuff yet). I gave it another shot randomly, and was delighted to see all kinds of great features added since I last tried it. I'm truly impressed, expect to see me on the donor list soon.

Thanks for all your hard work Light.

/MLS

Edited by MLS

1. Read/Build to bin/cue for CDs.

This should be pretty superfluous, since AFAIK a bin/cue-rip of a data cd and a ISO-rip are 1:1 identical. So you could do...

1. Read/Build to ISO

2. Rename to .bin

3. create a .cue file by hand (track mode 1 / sector mode 2048) or copy and paste from existing data cue file)

2. Write from cue+bin/wav .

Simply load the bin file directly instead of the cue sheet.

While I don't see the point in using bin/cue for data CDs, I don't think it's a big deal to add it to ImgBurn, but then a bin file of a data cd and an ISO file are pretty much the same, so is it really worth the effort?

On a sidenote: Does ImgBurn support track mode 2?

3. Profile support for certain setting groups, perhaps a dropdown at the bottom of the log window? I'm no UI expert but that sounds good to me.

Something similar to Exact Audio Copy's profile manager? Yes, sounds good.

Otherwise I must say this application sure has come a long way.

I agree! ImgBurn is the best.

Edited by Pestam

This should be pretty superfluous, since AFAIK a bin/cue-rip of a data cd and a ISO-rip are 1:1 identical. So you could do...

1. Read/Build to ISO

2. Rename to .bin

3. create a .cue file by hand (track mode 1 / sector mode 2048) or copy and paste from existing data cue file)

Bin/Cue supports multiple tracks. Perhaps I'll just stick to DJ for 1:1 copying of CDs since it supports multi-track/session, index/gap scanning, etc. Be nice to see it in Imgburn but I assume its more trouble than its worth for a free application.

While I don't see the point in using bin/cue for data CDs, I don't think it's a big deal to add it to ImgBurn, but then a bin file of a data cd and an ISO file are pretty much the same, so is it really worth the effort?

Again the multiple track issue.

But I think I saw Light post something like this was really low priority, so I suppose I'll settle for two burning applications for now.

/MLS

I haven't done it recently, so I'm not sure about the current version of ImgBurn, but a few versions ago (1.x), you could burn multi-track .BINs with it. So, unless any of the applicable code has changed, you still should be able to do it.

In the Tools menu, select Create DVD MDS File. (I personally think this should be changed to Create MDS File, since the format's not only for DVDs, but then I'm not the programmer.) Drag the .BIN file into the box and click on Quick OK. You will then have an .MDS file to load into ImgBurn to burn your multi-track CD.

It's a little more complex, but think of an .MDS file as an updated form of a .CUE file plus a .DVD file with a few extras added.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.