Black & White Playback

Nezello

Check your TV settings for PAL / NTSC, do the same for your DVD player, sounds like your TV does not support 60Hz in NTSC mode(maybe vice versa as well)

Depends on where you live, what region the DVD is, also check scart lead or the connection from DVD player to TV etc.

It plays perfectly on my computer, however when I put it in the DVD player to play on my TV it shows in black & white. Any suggestions?

Brand new Samsung LCD TV and bought new Philips DVD player as well. All DVD movies play fine except this one. I burned it with Imgburn. Nothing to do with

equipment. Plays in full color on PC. On the PC the sound is a bit low and slow to respond after pause and restart. But nothing other than that. So could it be the file, the burn, the DVD, or something else? I never messed with region of the DVD burned with defaults.

its about what format the movie is Region 2 (UK) uses the PAL format Region 1 uses NTSC a different format unless you have the hardware to play both formats then the black and white thing sounds like you're trying to play a PAL format dvd in region 1(US) hardware the UK players and TV's can handle playing NTSC most US stuff cant .A computer can handle both formats with no problems

its about what format the movie is Region 2 (UK) uses the PAL format Region 1 uses NTSC a different format unless you have the hardware to play both formats then the black and white thing sounds like you're trying to play a PAL format dvd in region 1(US) hardware the UK players and TV's can handle playing NTSC most US stuff cant .A computer can handle both formats with no problems

OK how do I fix the region then?

It's not the Region you need to fix its the format that the video is in ! Can I ask are you in the US and is it possible that you have a European PAL DVD that you are trying to play ?

There is a program that can do this but it's very long winded (I did it once years ago) and time consuming, it's often easier to just purchase the DVD for the country you live in. I think I used TMPGEnc but it was a while ago and I did also have TMPGEnc DVD Author as well.... :unsure:

everybody loves a smart ass UM NOT

we all get that way after awhile :lol: .

Fixing the format issue can be done but the time involved is really long to convert one to the other (formats ) and in my opinion just not worth the effort .

heres a link to some guides on how its done and the converters you might need www.videohelp.com/guides

If you Google "PAL to NTSC " theres lots of stuff to read :thumbup:

You've already been told what the problem is and it's your equipment - not the software. You may either choose to learn more by asking a relevant question (preferably in the chat forum) or continue with the type of sarcasm that is unlikely to impress even a six year old. We don't give a flying fuck either way. Learn or not, the choice is yours.

You've already been told what the problem is and it's your equipment - not the software. You may either choose to learn more by asking a relevant question (preferably in the chat forum) or continue with the type of sarcasm that is unlikely to impress even a six year old. We don't give a flying fuck either way. Learn or not, the choice is yours.

Well "foul mouth" it never was MY EQUIPMENT it was the MOTHER FUCKING SOFTWARE!!! Looks like the 6 year old student made a monkey's ass out of the teacher. Not that anyone gives a flying fuck :rolleyes:

obviously one banjo short of a duel

Would you also care to elaborate on which piece of software you used to turn a colour film into black and white as i am really interested as i have a colour restored black and white minstrel show that i would like to turn back into monochrome, thanks

Crikes away for a month and the forum goes WW3.

its the NTSC/PAL problem.

Used to have a cheap portable TV would always display black & white, but a decent sony would handle the ntsc format and export in colour.

this gnob could always try buying decent equipment, if money is a problem he could try sperm donation to raise some cash, dont think they yet screen for

stupidness. :teehee:

Edited by the olde

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.