Advantages of Creating an Image

CHB

Hi,

I'm an old guy, some would say very old, and need some information.

Can someone give me some idea why creating an image is an advantage (rather than just burning ripped files for backup purposes)?

Cheers

PS sorry if this post is in the wrong place

Good question. There's an advantage to burning directly to disk. There's also an advantage to creating an ISO first. Straight to disk is usually going to be quicker for single copies. For multiple copies, creating an ISO first saves time. Also, any ISOs you create can be added to the "queue". If you have a few disks to do then it's alot simpler to build your ISOs first and then add them to the queue than having to build one then burn one then build one then burn one then build one.....

What answer were you looking for exactly?!

Your initial question is very generic, how comes you've turned it around and made it about ImgBurn?

Does this mean that ImgBurn is really only of use when burning multiple copies and its ability to queue iso's?....or am I oversimplyfying?

As ImgBurn can burn files on the fly OR burn an image, I'm not sure I get the point you're trying to make.

It's of use whenever you need to do something that it can do. If you don't know what it can do, it's probably of little use - but then you should take the time to look and learn what's possible.

Iso's are a great long term hard disk storage format ... they keep everything together with no chance of loosing files & directories. Also, if the disk is bootable, it will preserve that. Iso's can be broken down later to their constituent files & folders by using a prog like IsoBuster.

Edited by xen-uno

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.