GREEK translation

antonis

hi there!

i'm a big fun of dvd decrypter so i guess i'll be a big fun of imgburn too.

i'm interested in translating your program in GREEK.

could you please give me any information whether my suggestion can be accepted or not.

thanx

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I don't know C++ Builder, but Delphi has a feature called "resourcestring" - every string constant declared as resourcestring is transferred to the STRINGTABLE resource and every reference to it goes through a LoadResString function - all that "magic" is done by the compiler. Does CBuilder have something similar to it?

Moving the strings to STRINGTABLE resource would help us (us - those who localize) a lot :)

lol I honestly haven't a clue.

It's not something I've looked into and certainly not anything I've seen in passing.

I have to admit, going though the entire program and changing everything text related to say 'resourcestring' or whatever really doesn't put a smile on my face... quite the opposite in fact!

I've the feeling I could start now and I still wouldn't be done in time for Christmas. :(

ImgBurn is partly localizable in its current state (I mean dialogs and menus). To make it even more localizable I tried to "hack in" into ImgBurn executable. I succeeded, but I haven't finished. I've done 33 strings, and it took me quite a while. Man, patching an executable to use strings from resources instead of those hardcoded in the .data section is a real pain in the ass. What has to be done:

- get all strings

- filter out strings belonging to 3rd party components/classes and Borland VCL/RTL

- decide which strings are not localizable (dll names, imported function names, registry key names, ini section/value names, MCI/ASPI/SPTI/whatever commands, etc.)

- group duplicate strings

- the easiest part - put the strings to STRINGTABLE resource

- patch code to make it use the resources

All this has to be done by hand (OK, I'm not a reverse-engineering master, so I might not be aware of a tool that would be of help here).

I think I can do that (for the current version - 2.3.2.0), but repeating all this for every next version is not something I'd enjoy ;P

So, please, make it localizable at the source level. The advantages are:

- you'd have to do it just once, you won't have to repeat it for every new version

- you know best which strings are not to be localized, and which are yours (not VCL's)

- your application would be fully localizable - wouldn't it be great?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.