Build Image Volume Identifiers Fields Not Working Correctly

who

1) launch ImgBurn

2) go to "Build Mode" (CTRL+ALT+B)

3) Click the "Labels" tab

4) the fields in the "Volume Identifiers" section all show blank

5) do not touch these fields (Should be Blank) and burn a disc through the build Image mode

If you view the final product (the disc you just burned) with any program that has the ability to view the disc's volume identifiers, you will see "UNDEFINED" for the "System" field, and the "Application" field is actually populated with ImgBurn application information, even though the Build mode shows this field should be blank.

IMHO, these values should be shown prepopulating the fields before the burn in the GUI so that the user can preview this information and modify accordingly. Also, command line options do not appear to support the Volume Identifiers fields.

This is by design. When left blank in the GUI, it uses my defaults (or what the specs say the fields should contain). So you can't ever leave these fields blank but you CAN change them to something else if you really need to. For 99.999999% of people, 99.99999% of the time, there's never a reason to do that.

As for the command line stuff, at the end of the day, it's a GUI program! I've added *some* cli options because I'm nice like that. I've no intention of adding support for everything.

• 2 weeks later...
This is by design. When left blank in the GUI, it uses my defaults (or what the specs say the fields should contain). So you can't ever leave these fields blank but you CAN change them to something else if you really need to. For 99.999999% of people, 99.99999% of the time, there's never a reason to do that.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hello

@LUK: Is it possible to save the Volume Identifier settings at all?

eg: The System always remains the same;

The Vol. Set has a literal and a number that I manually increase;

The Other Info usually stays the same;

Can I save this somewhere so it will always be used.

Thanks again for this wonder!

G

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.