Command line options

Lazybones

Image burn has some nice command line options, but there are two that would be great for automation.

1. /DEST

- it would be nice if this command had a variable or option that used the source disks label name. IE /SRC C:\temp\[sRC_LABEL].iso

2. /LOG

- I have a small LCD display in my media PC system, it would be great if this command wrote each line to the file as they appear, instead of all at the end, this way I could display the content of the file on the LCD and see the progress of the rip.

3. Another option would be for the program to write its progress to the command line so that it could be parsed or output to other programs to display or read the text. In this case the GUI could be completely hidden if the /START and /CLOSE commands where used.

1. /DEST already has that ability... it just appears I didn't document it ;) Use '[DISC_LABEL]'.

2. /LOG just automates saving whatever's in the log window when the program closes. If you want to see what would be put in the log in realtime, why not just open the log window?!

3. Never gonna happen in a million years! It's a GUI app that I've spent a long time writing. Why would I want people to be able to hide it and make their programs look like they're doing that hard work?

1. /DEST already has that ability... it just appears I didn't document it ;) Use '[DISC_LABEL]'.

2. /LOG just automates saving whatever's in the log window when the program closes. If you want to see what would be put in the log in realtime, why not just open the log window?!

3. Never gonna happen in a million years! It's a GUI app that I've spent a long time writing. Why would I want people to be able to hide it and make their programs look like they're doing that hard work?

Well I have a headless File server where I would like to put images of my DVD collection. I am trying to automate ripping the ISO to disk by using a batch file and the command line. I have a small two line LCD/VFD display in the front and wanted to show some sort of progress output on it.

The fact that the [DISC_LABEL] variable exists is great, that makes it possible for me to do the automation, just not the progress display.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.